JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

An interview with Jeff

Ale

DX: In the spirit of groups reuniting like OutKast, Wu-Tang, have you and Will Smith discussed making a new album?

Jazzy Jeff: Well, we haven’t discussed a new album as much as discussing a tour. At least once or twice a year, the bug comes in. Like I said, it’s really hard. He’s one of the biggest movie stars on the planet. I don’t know how much the movie guys really like me coming around, because I’m always trying to pull him out of the movies. “C’mon let’s go to the studio or c’mon let’s hit the road.” It’s so much in his heart and in his soul. I played in Dubai over New Year’s, and he called me like two days before asking, “Where you at for New Year’s?” I was like, “I’m in Dubai.” He would ask me that before, and he would never come, and him and Jada popped up. I walked out and it was 15,000 people on the beach, and I walked out and dropped “He’s The Greatest Dancer” and everybody went crazy, and I stopped. I was like, “If I’ma do it, I’ma do it right,” and he walked out on stage. People just stood there because they couldn’t believe it was him. We ended up doing something and he said, “We gotta do that!”
DX: If you guys did put out a new album, how would you like it to sound?
Jazzy Jeff: I don’t know. It’s been so long. I’m always in the studio making music. If we ever did a project, I would almost insist that we did it like we did it back in the day. Just him and I in the studio. “Let’s go somewhere and just look ourselves in the room for two-and-a-half weeks. You got a pad and a pen and I’ll have all my machines, turntables and a bunch of records, and let’s just come out with something.”
Source:
Edited by Ale

Well the solution to our musical drought is pretty simple, not sure why we haven't thought of it. Clearly we just need to write a "Script" about a bunch of die hard fans who come together from all over the world and "Kidnap" Jeff and Will, lock them in a studio for two and a half weeks, with cameras on them 24/7 (Documentary style). This way we get both a "Movie" and an album. And since every solid film needs a B Story we can have a camera crew follow the exploits of a Charlie Mack who comes out of retirement in search of JJFP.

Clearly this is all a joke. (Really NSA... it's just a joke. I have no intention of being the b-boy in the PE logo.)

And if Will and Jeff read this... It's a Joke, don't hurt me. But if you would like to use this idea for an actual movie, PM me. I'm sure we can work it all out.

Peace!

Well the solution to our musical drought is pretty simple, not sure why we haven't thought of it. Clearly we just need to write a "Script" about a bunch of die hard fans who come together from all over the world and "Kidnap" Jeff and Will, lock them in a studio for two and a half weeks, with cameras on them 24/7 (Documentary style). This way we get both a "Movie" and an album. And since every solid film needs a B Story we can have a camera crew follow the exploits of a Charlie Mack who comes out of retirement in search of JJFP.

Clearly this is all a joke. (Really NSA... it's just a joke. I have no intention of being the b-boy in the PE logo.)

And if Will and Jeff read this... It's a Joke, don't hurt me. But if you would like to use this idea for an actual movie, PM me. I'm sure we can work it all out.

Peace!

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

same ol same ol it seems, jeff is ready for whatever but will is always busy