JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas AMA comments on ghost writing

Nas is doing an AMA at reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/233t3x/i_am_nas_amaa/

He was asked about ghost writing (it's the top question currently)

"How did you end up (allegedly) ghostwriting for Will Smith?

Edit: The song getting jiggy wit it."

"Alright, let's clear this up once and for all.

I hung out with Will in the studio. And watched him write it. It was a fun studio session, and I said a line or two or three to him. It wasn't that serious. Will Smith wrote that song.

But seriously, I watched him have fun making that record on his own, and Will is a true MC."

Nas is one of a handful of mcs besides will that I own all albums for, I'm glad he put this rumor to rest

• Admin

I can understand what Nas is saying having seen Will write here he comes.. he'd probably just take a suggestion on a word here or there or how something sounds but it's all Will writing.. good to see that nas wrote jiggy thing cleared up!

I like how Nas addressed it, but FP addressed it in the Source back in 1997 (Puffy is on the cover of the issue). He says how when he was writing some songs, Nas would be like "I like this, but what if you flip it this way?" It was casual and minor collaboration between peers Nothing less, nothing more.

I like how Nas addressed it, but FP addressed it in the Source back in 1997 (Puffy is on the cover of the issue). He says how when he was writing some songs, Nas would be like "I like this, but what if you flip it this way?" It was casual and minor collaboration between peers Nothing less, nothing more.

Any chance you could upload this? Take a couple pics of it and post it? I'd love to read that article ...not often FP was in the source LOL

I never saw this source interview either

I'll see what I can do. I saw my cousin today for Easter and I asked him to take a look at my scanner, which has been down for months. He's gonna try to swing by the crib sometime soon. Once it's fixed, I'll try to get it up here. I haven't read it in years, but it's a great article.

Word, I'll be waiting AJ!