JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Q & A with Karyn Parsons

Loved these ones:
What was it like having Will on set? There are plenty of YouTube videos where he's messing around with everyone and it just seems like a great time. Any funny stories we might enjoy?
Will is just like he seems. Full of energy, very funny, likes to play. He mooned James Avery offstage, James was on camera and Will mooned him offstage once. He's a joker and very playful. He wasn't like a George Clooney going around doing pranks all the time, but one thing he did that was hilarious: We had a line one week that kept changing, the writers were having fun with this line, and they would say "Dara can tie a cherry stem with her tongue" and then it would change to "Dara can do this," or that. And one day it became "Dara can fit a whole orange in her mouth." Will thought he'd try it himself. He shoved a whole orange in his mouth, a WHOLE ORANGE, peel and all, the look of satisfaction when he pushed the last of the orange in lasted for a millisecond and was replaced by terror when he realized he didn't know how to take it out. It was SO FUNNY. He went from so proud to panicked. I don't remember how he removed it, it was so funny and I was laughing so hard.
Did you pull any pranks while on the set of the Fresh Prince?
I'll have to think on that. BUT I can tell you that there was a situation where Alfonso and I used to carpool every day because we lived down the street from each other, and one day, in between shooting, Will got Alfonso to slap me across the face! MIND YOU, I had slapped him first, but STILL. Will messed with Alfonso's mind, "How you gonna let her do that to you?!" egged him on, and Alfonso finally gave in and slapped me across me the face! Will thought it was hilarious, everyone thought it was hilarious, but I got him back.
I left that day without telling him, and I was the carpool ride. He went out to the parking lot and no ride home!
:lol:
Edited by Ale