Ale

• 2 months later...

This will be Will's next movie.

BRILLIANCE (Film)
SHOOTS: August 18, 2014
BUDGET: BIG
PRODUCERS: Jon Jashni | Joe Roth |...
Thomas Tull, Palak Patel
DIRECTOR: Julius Onah (The Girl Is In Trouble)
CAST: Will Smith
GENRE: SCI-FI
STORY: A federal agent with a unique set
of skills is drafted to hunt down a terrorist
who is out to start a civil war.
Notes: Legendary Pictures adaptation of the
Marcus Sakey novel.

• Members

Ha...whenever I see that Radewart is posting something I know it will be valuable info :) Cheers for that brother.

It looks interesting enough. Definitely better than the nightmarish sounding CITY THAT SAILED. I guess it all depends on the script. Any chance you got any scoop on that Rad? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
:grrr:
Will Smith Exits Legendary Pic ‘Brilliance’
EXCLUSIVE: Will Smith has decided to drop out of director Julius Onah’s Brilliance, the Legendary Pictures adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel that has a script by David Koepp. Universal is releasing the film, which was to begin production this summer. The film’s start has moved a couple of times, and the exit came down to timing. Legendary has been in negotiations with Noomi Rapace to star alongside him. The pic focuses on a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.” At the center of the story is a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to track down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war. Onah directed The Girl Is In Trouble, and Joe Roth and Palak Patel are producing with Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni. Smith, who recently decided to not reprise his role in the Independence Day sequel at Fox, next will be seen starring with Margot Robbie in the Glenn Ficarra/John Requa-directed grifter tale Focus, which Warner Bros opens February 27.

It is really strange...they were casting a little African American girl to play the daughter based off Will Smith being the lead. Now, with the film set to shoot in less than eight weeks, he bolts! Does nothing for the reputation that Will is a control freak on sets. I have no idea if this movie would of been any good, but the script writer is solid veteran of Hollywood hits like Jurassic Park and Mission Impossible.