JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

HBO Developing Electronic Music Comedy From DJ Calvin Harris, ‘Trainspotting’ Author Irvine Welsh, Will Smith & Jay-Z

Ale

EXCLUSIVE: Top UK DJ Calvin Harris has teamed with U.S. music stars Will Smith and Jay-Z for Higher, a half-hour comedy series project that has been set up at HBO for development. Written by Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh and developed with Harris’ help, the fictional comedy is set in the world of electronic music. It comes from Overbrook Entertainment, Three Six Zero Group and Marcy Media, with Overbrook’s James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smith and Miguel Melendez serving as executive producers alongside Three Six Zero Group’s Mark Gillespie and Dean Wilson, along with Harris and Marcy Media’s Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, Jay Brown, and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith. This expands the relationship between Smith and Jay-Z who also are producing together the upcoming feature musical Annie. Harris is a Grammy award winning songwriter and producer, who was the first DJ to win the Ivor Novello Songwriter Of The Year Award. He has two more Grammy nominations this year, Best Dance Recording for Sweet Nothing, and Best Dance/Electronica Album for 18 Months. Released last October, 18 Months has sold over 1m albums and 28 million singles worldwide. The album produced 9 UK top 10 singles, including We Found Love feat. Rihanna, breaking Michael Jackson’s record for the most Top 10 singles from one album (7). Harris is managed by six-year-old Three Six Zero Group where he was the first client.

I saw the same news. I can't say I care about the project, but whatever...

Will Smith & Jay Z Are Partnering For New Comedy Series “Higher” On HBO
andrewsomuah | January 26, 2014 | 0 Comments

Jay-Z-Will-Smith-e1390757931467.jpgJay Z and Will Smith are among the executive producers for the new HBO comedy series, “Higher.”

The series is written by Irvine Welsh and is a fictional comedy set in the massive world of electronic music (EDM).

Top UK DJ, Calvin Harris, will also have his hand in helping the heavyweights explore the world of EDM. The three will be teaming up on the project with their perspective production companies.

Although, Jay Z and Will Smith have a series in the works, they are also working together to reboot the classic film “Annie.” Slated for a December 2014 release, it will feature thespians such as Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz and new breakout star, Quvenzhané Wallis.

Andrew Somuah(@Drewtheabstract)

http://thesource.com/2014/01/26/will-smith-jay-z-are-partnering-for-new-comedy-series-higher-on-hbo/

I'd be more excited if I heard will and jay-z were doing a song together rather than this