JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PEEP MY WEBSITE!

JumpinJack AJ

I just wanted to share my acting website with you guys. After it was pointed out that you've never heard me before in the post about Jeff's b-day, it prompted me to share it. You can't REALLY hear me on my website, but there is a short video for The Church of Diminishing Marginal Returns. I actually debated putting it up because it was the first rehearsal that we were off-book and since I was in another show at the time, I didn't really have confidence behind the lines. I'm using a high pitch voice for a very goodie-goodie character, so it's nothing like me, but it's something. I actually kind of hate it. Maybe in the future I'll have some more performance footage up. I hate watching myself, so I'm always hesitant to do it.

Anyways, the website is really just in place so I can put it on my acting resume. That way a director who doesn't know me can reference it and find out more about me and see some pictures of my performances (since some people lie about their experience). I take my acting seriously, yet I don't have any professional training. I think the website is an honest reflection of the kind of performer I am. I do have good following in the area, but I don't see people checking my website for updates...lol

http://adamjblackstock.wix.com/actor

I'm not a webdesigner, so it is basic...and on a free website, but let me know if you have any suggestions.

Great stuff AJ... The clip you linked to is great and really shows your ability to act! No reason to hate it all. Although I know all too well how critical actors can get when seeing themselves on screen. I was exactly the same.

I think it is a good website which would give any casting director more information about you and your experiences. Are you looking to get into TV/Film or are you happy in the theater/stage world?

One thing I would suggest you do is get a good showreel together. This is invaluable to casting directors to see you ability to play a range of different characters especially when auditioning for film/TV/Commercials.

Great job dude!

I'd love to have something like that, but since shows are protected by copyright laws, very few of them get any of them documented. I have some footage of my favorite shows, but the quality is terrible/embarrassing. None of those are my videos are mine, I simply dug around on YouTube to find them...lol

I'm mostly focused in theater, but I'm always interested in film. They are two completely different animals. 99% of everything shooting in my area is indie stuff, which typically have lackluster stories. I haven't a fan of those movies when I see them, doing it locally certainly isn't very motivating.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Admin

Hey AJ nice work! Thats a very impressive credits list! I gotta say i always enjoy the photos from your shows on Facebook its good to see all the hard work you've put into acting! Theatre is just a great experience!