JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jeff's Birthday

Hero1

• Admin

Brakes that was brilliant man! I can totally relate in high school people used to make fun of me for liking jjfp because they were all into 2pac or snoop dogg.. I used to play them I'm all that, somethin like dis and from da south and they would all change their mind! like wow Will can really rap hard... that was a awesome vid man!

Brakes are you trying to make us all look bad, sat on your posh sofa, rapping and saying exactly the right thing.

This video just says "Clean but still street...." LOL Brakes..that was outstanding. I really enjoyed that.

I will have mine done within a couple days. I like how everyone is going to talk about Code Red...that album just never gets enough love. It's such a masterpiece.

Edited by DevilsJim89

I just want to mention real quick, I also got some flack back in early HS (2002-04) about JJFP being my favorite hip-hop group. The flack ceased when Lost & Found dropped and "Switch" literally blew up iTunes and the radio. I realized during that time most "kids" don't know about the history of rap and all the greats artists, albums, songs...etc. Dialogue exchanged between a bunch of 15 year olds really doesn't have the background knowledge and ultimately is rather stupid. I was in HS when 50 Cent, Fat Joe, Jay-Z (Although I'm a huge Jay fan) were all blowing up, so this was really all of the "rap" people were familiar with. I'm unfortunately part of a generation that thinks 2pac and Biggie were the first rappers and greatest rappers of all-time. Very narrow-minded and not willing to even listen to older music without dismissing it.

Man I used to sit online and just discover music. My method of exploring hip-hop or music in general (pre-YouTube) was going on Wikipedia or Rockonthenet.com , reading the history and going to Amazon.com and listening to samples. Once 2005 ushered in the YouTube era, discovering music just becomes so much easier.

It's funny all these years later, I don't get any flack and people respect Will as a rapper. It just doesn't help when he hasn't released anything in 9 years....! lol

• Admin

Nice videos. I've only every used my camera for photography, but I'm gonna try to set some time aside tomorrow and see if I can't submit my own video.

Awesome man.. I was hoping you could do one! I know you'd speak really well about homebase!

Here's my video, im not used to being on camera so it took quite a few takes. I then realized i say erm quite a lot, tried to re do it with less erms and apparently thats impossible for me. So here it is in all its awkward glory.

Do i need to upload it to that link as well. I had a quick look but i don't quite get it.

Awesome Julie. You come across really well in the video. Shooting mine this evening. I'll be able to download your video from what you have put up, don't worry.