JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP in Dubai

Ale

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently FP and Jada kicked with Maxwell and Tyrese for Tyrese's birthday while in Dubai. His connection with others in urban music is so strong...what's the hold up on music. He's got two of the greatest modern R&B/Soul artists in his company!!

1002026_765640243463574_973019495_n.jpg

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

• Admin

a JJFP & Maxwell track would be incredible...seeing that Will & Jeff can perform just makes me want them to get back to music while they are still here! We just lost James Avery... you just never know how long you got..and there music would bring so much joy to so many people

Thanks 4 the info, AJ.
maxwell
happy birthday @tyrese w/ @willsmith @jadapinkettsmith #dubai #happynewyear2014
tyrese
Yup..., it's happened DUBAI Will Smith and lovely wife Jada and and @maxwell sung happy birthday to ya boy!!!! Will Smith is in Dubai this town will never be the same.... I got my #Family here!!! Wooooooow!!!!!
Edited by Ale

• Admin

Will Smith ‘gettin’ jiggy’ with Dubai in a surprise NYE performance The Hollywood actor/singer was at Barasti Beach with wife Jada-Pinkett Smith

By
  • Bindu Suresh Rai
Published Thursday, January 02, 2014
3125952335.jpg

Hollywood actor/singer Will Smith (L) with DJ Jazzy Jeff. (Instagram: djjazzyjeff)

At one end, while thousands of outraged Sandance ticket holders found themselves trapped in four-hour long traffic gridlock on The Palm Jumeirah, at the other end, a select few of Dubai’s residents were in for the biggest surprise of their lives when Hollywood A-lister Will Smith jumped up on stage to belt out a surprise performance at Barasti.

Smith was at the beachside bar on New Year’s Eve with wife Jada Pinkett Smith, celebrating the night and his wedding anniversary, when he decided to entertain the unsuspecting audience with an impromptu performance of ‘Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It’ with his one-time rap partner and close friend DJ Jazzy Jeff from his Fresh Prince days.

Smith came on at the stroke of midnight, just as the Burj Khalifa fireworks lit up the night sky.

People took to Twitter posting comments of this New Year surprise, calling it ‘epic’ and praising Smith’s performance.

Matthew Collins said: “Starting the New Year with DJ Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith – Fresh Prince Barasti Beach.”

DK tweeted: “It’s crazy how Will Smith came from out of nowhere last night and killed it on stage!”

Natasha Vallen said: “Epic surprise for Barasti guests last night with Will Smith surprise appearance.”

Rohan Manglani wrote: “How good was Barasti tonight. Mad music! Will Smith in the house. This year should be epic for all.”

Smith and wife Jada’s very public anniversary holiday in Dubai has quelled rumours of a possible split on the cards that has been hounding the Hollywood power couple all of 2013 amidst rumours of affairs and marital discord.

The couple flew in from Los Angeles, sans the children, being pictured holding hands last night at the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi beach bar.

Later, DJ Jazzy Jeff posted a comment on his official Facebook account with a picture that was reminiscent of their Fresh Prince days, saying: “Guess who came to rock with me in Dubai for New Years! Happy 2014!”

He posted a short video right after, adding: “Happy New Years from Dubai! Dj Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince! Happy Anniversary to the Smiths.”

http://www.emirates247.com/entertainment/will-smith-gettin-jiggy-with-dubai-in-a-surprise-nye-performance-2014-01-02-1.533228

First hes hanging with Kanye in Brazil (which we know he was in the studio), hes met up with Jeff in London and Dubai and also Maxwell and Tyrese in Dubai. I have this small glimmer of hope that hes up to something and staying very quiet about it.

I'm just happy that Will hasn't completely turned his back on his roots