JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Producer Jeffrey Pollack Found Dead

Ale

The 54-year-old filmmaker, also known for directing “Booty Call” starring Jamie Foxx, died while jogging in Hermosa Beach
Jeffrey Ian Pollack, a producer of Will Smith’s 1990s sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” and director of 1997 Jamie Foxx comedy “Booty Call,” was found dead Monday morning in Hermosa Beach, Calif. He was 54.
An autopsy is pending to determine cause of death, a spokesman from the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner told TheWrap.
A female jogger found Pollack’s unresponsive body, dressed in jogging clothing and equipped with an iPod nano playing the Eagles music, on the greenbelt near 30th Street, according to Easy Reader News. Hermosa Beach Police Department Captain Tommy Thompson told the outlet that although the cause of death has not yet been determined, foul play is not suspected.
Pollack was born in 1959 in Manhattan Beach, Calif. and graduated from University of Southern California Film School in the early 1980s before he began serving as a co-producer on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” in 1990, and eventually co-executive producer in later seasons.
In 1994, he wrote and directed his first feature, “Above the Rim,” an urban basketball drama starring rapper Tupac Shakur. His second directorial effort, “Booty Call,” starred Jamie Foxx and Tommy Davidson as two sexually frustrated friends trying to break a dry spell. The final feature he directed, 1999 comedy “Lost & Found,” starred David Spade as a man who kidnaps his neighbor’s dog in order to win her heart.
Pollack partnered with Benny Medina (above, right) — the real-life inspiration for Smith’s “Fresh Prince” character — to form management and production company Medina/Pollack Entertainment, which became Handprint Entertainment. The company closed in 2008 after the departure of clients including Jennifer Lopez, Tyra Banks and Mariah Carey.

I was just going to post this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Ian Pollack Dead at 54
Dec 26th 2013 7:04PM

a38ac1f10be8da11af9f0014c2589dfb.jpeg

HERMOSA BEACH, Calif. (AP) -- A producer of TV's "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and writer-director of "Above the Rim" has died.

Police say Jeffrey Ian Pollack was found collapsed early Monday morning in the Greenbelt jogging area of Hermosa Beach, about 20 miles southwest of Los Angeles. Pollack was 54.

Authorities said Thursday they do not suspect foul play. Pollack was wearing jogging clothes and carrying an iPod when a passer-by discovered him and contacted police.

Pollack produced several seasons of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," as well as a Jennifer Lopez concert documentary. Besides "Above the Rim," Pollack directed the films "Booty Call" and "Lost & Found."

Benny Medina On The Death Of Jeff Pollack
It is with a heavy heart that I must bid farewell to my dear friend, Jeff Pollack. Jeff was a talented writer, director, producer and entrepreneur… but he would say his greatest accomplishment was his two children, Lael and Logan, to whom he was an amazing and devoted father.

He was my partner, but first and foremost, a great and loyal friend whom I loved dearly.
Gone too soon, I will miss him.
Edited by Ale