JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

So how optimistic are you about a new album at this point?

Lost and Found is an open letter as to why he doesn't want to do music anymore. He doesn't like the direction rap is going, he doesn't know if he himself can turn it around, and he's tired of trying so hard and getting very little back in return. I don't blame him. Does he still feel that way? Who knows, but it's obvious where his focus is....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

That's an interesting take it on Vipa.. I agree that he doesn't seem to want to put anything out unless it's likely to sell a lot and be really popular. I wish he'd just worry about making a good record and forgetting the sales. The music industry is dead anyway

Wow - great point Vipa! I never would've thought about it like that.

I feel like I frustrate myself when I think about Will releasing something again. I just don't get it. I understand on the mainstream level it'd be difficult but on the other hand, nostalgia is powerful feeling. You don't need labels anymore, he could just release a track on twitter or something. He's had a lot of good opportunities to get back out there like MIB3 theme song, the tracks with Kanye West, doing a verse on Jeff's Summertime 3 mixtape...etc. He needs to brand himself/JJFP more online. When was the last time www.willsmith.com was open? He barely posts on his official page...I dont know, like I said, I drive myself crazy thinking about this lol

Lost and Found is an open letter as to why he doesn't want to do music anymore. He doesn't like the direction rap is going, he doesn't know if he himself can turn it around, and he's tired of trying so hard and getting very little back in return. I don't blame him. Does he still feel that way? Who knows, but it's obvious where his focus is....

will's had a lot of success in his music career, the real artists respect him, and i believe that he could still do well if he did release albums since 2005 but you got a point there, it can't be one person that'd save the state of rap but if he was still releasing music at least it'd be a start

this reminds me of when the fake lyrics of "mr. nice guy" leaked online, it's funny how far some haters go