JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

5 POSITIVE WAYS TO START YOUR DAY

JumpinJack AJ

I feel that circumstance, busyness, and stress in recent years have robbed me of one of my greatest qualities. Being positive. It's a priority for me to return to state I once was at, and I other may needs to do the same, so I'm sharing this. I'm hoping it might connect with some of you. I got this from http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6106/5-Positive-Ways-to-Start-Your-Day.html.

5 Positive Ways to Start Your Day
By Belinda Anderson
September 13, 2012 1:00 PM EDT
wake-up-early.jpg
We go to sleep each night and wake up in the morning to a new day with new opportunities - a day filled with the power and freedom to choose. The minute we wake up, we can choose to get out of bed and make the most of our day or press the snooze button, roll over, pull the blankets over our head, and feel dread about the day ahead. This is nobody's choice but ours. Generally, the way we start our day influences how we feel for the rest of the day.
Let's look at 5 ways we can start our day off on a positive note:
1. When you wake up in the morning, take a few minutes to check-in (go within). Take a few deep breaths and find something that you're grateful for (your children, partner, your health, the warm bed you are in, nature outside your window). Take this time to be thankful for all that you have in your life instead of wasting your energy on thinking about what you don't have.
2. Instead of pouncing straight out of bed, spend 5 to 10 minutes (or however long it takes) meditating. Simply observe your breath. Breathe in for a count of 4 to 5, allowing your belly and chest to expand, and breathe out also for a count of 4 to 5 allowing everything to drop away. Notice how your breath enters your body, notice how your breath leaves your body, and notice the little pause between each breath. This will allow you to create a sense of peace within and it will also help get you into a good head space before your feet touch the ground.
3. Take a few moments while in the shower and/or while eating breakfast just to be present. Feel the water on your skin, taste the different flavours in your food. It feels good and it's an amazing way to consciously set your energy and intention towards your day.
4. Before breakfast have large glass of water with half a lemon squeezed into it and you may even like to add some ginger or cayenne pepper. This will assist with digestion and is effective in body cleansing and detoxification - it will help get things moving. Follow this with a nutritious breakfast to kick-start your metabolism and fuel your body to face the day ahead. You have just had maybe ten to twelve hours of fasting - your body needs sustenance and is ready to be refuelled, so skipping breakfast is a big no, no!
5. Get clear about your intentions for the day. For example you can intend to have a productive day. You can intend to have quality time with your family and friends with no distractions. You can intend to have a fun and brilliant day. You can intend to have a calm and peaceful day. You can intend to learn something new or be helpful to someone. Whatever it is just be clear about what it is you want your day to be. In order to create, manifest, and attract it, you must first align your heart, mind, and spirit with your intention. In other words, you truly need to feel it!
Many people don't understand the power of thoughts, because they live every day on autopilot, doing most things out of habit, and therefore they create their reality unconsciously, as if they’re wearing a blindfold. But whether we’re aware of it or not, we create our reality with our thoughts and behaviour - and this means we have the power to choose to be a conscious, mindful creator and change our reality to what we really want it to be. Remember, you choose your thoughts, you choose your behavior, you choose the outcome. And every choice you make determines how you feel physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Now, let me ask you this: How do you start your day? Is it with gratification and happiness—or doom and gloom? A day is easily ruined if started by holding onto negativity and resentment. So when you wake tomorrow, ask yourself, do I want to think and act like I did yesterday, or do I choose to be a new me today?

those are some inciteful tips there, i'm gonna try to use some of them

During my undergrad class on Peace and War we had to read a book called Being Peace by Thich Nhat Hanh. At first I rolled my eyes, because I wasn't really interested, but then I read it. It's a real quick read and very insightful, Hanh was once nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by MLK, though because MLK let it out of the bag he didn't get it. I guess that's a Nobel Peace Prize party foul. Anyway, judging by what you've posted and are trying to accomplish I think you might want to give it a try. It's not too pricey on Amazon, and if you've got a kindle, you can get it cheaper and try a sample before you get it.

http://www.amazon.com/Being-Peace-Thich-Nhat-Hanh/dp/188837540X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378756969&sr=8-1&keywords=being+peace+thich+nhat+hanh