JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BRANDY SCREWED OVER BY PROMOTER

Brandy humiliated by playing to crowd of just 40 people in 90,000 capacity stadium

201632-697386dc-0ae9-11e3-a4e1-7c17b386d

Brandy at a previous concert with a few more fans. Picture: Splash Source: Splash News Australia

DID Brandy play to a stadium of 89,960 empty seats?

That's what the Twitterverse is saying after reports the singer performed to just 40 people in a 90,000 capacity arena at the Mandela Sports and Culture Day in South Africa on Saturday.

The American R&B star was the surprise guest at the FNB stadium in Soweto - the only problem was that no-one knew she was playing.

Tens of thousands of people had therefore left the arena before she arrived on stage.

"Brandy [just] performed to an empty stadium. With the stadium lights on," tweeted South African musician, Kabomo.

"People didn't know there was a concert after the games. No one knew Brandy was around. Maybe a 40 people audience ... She sulked after two songs and walked off.

"There are more people there on a random Tuesday... Depressing."

Added @My2_Melo: "I gave up the min I saw the empty stadium. Brandy performing for the chairs!"

While @dawn_ngwenya said: "Brandy is going to perform for herself and Mbaks only," referring to South Africa's minister of sport, Fikile Mbalula.

The singer reportedly walked off in embarrassment after just two songs.

The country's national TV channel SABC reportedly also ended their broadcast of the concert before Brandy could even emerge on stage.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/music/brandy-humiliated-by-playing-to-crowd-of-just-40-people-in-90000-capacity-stadium/story-fnhofkpw-1226702196482