JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Thanks to Tim and the Community Here

Bob

Hey guys,

I just wanted to stop by and say - Tim, everyone here, everyone who still frequents or once frequented this site - you guys are awesome. Seriously.

The impetus for this post is that seven years ago I came to this forum for an outlet, for an opportunity to enjoy my favorite artist, and for a community of similarly minded people when it came to good music. At the time, I ended up sharing some important moments in my life, including my first big break up. ()

At the time, I was at what I thought was rock bottom. I had no idea how to communicate how sad I was, and how pessimistic I was about my future. I came to this forum and you guys were great. This site has created a community that, while it has waned with the lack of music updates from Will Smith, was a needed outlet and break from life sometimes. And with this community and my own personal network of friends and family, I thrived the next several years.

I came back to this site today because seven years later I'm dealing with my second big breakup - this time of three years and plenty of expectations (e.g., marriage, settling down). And while I now laugh at how consumed I was back in 2006 with that (now seemingly insignificant) relationship, I realize that those same feelings have come back.

People get depressed for a number of reasons. And the number one worst position to put yourself in is one without perspective or the realization that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Believe me, right now I could tell you how I feel like things will never get better, that I had my chance, that the girl of my dreams is no longer in my life. I could swear to you up and down that this time is different and I'm doomed.

And then I can look at that post from seven years ago and realize those feelings are natural and almost required to come out of a situation for the better.

So thanks to Tim and everyone here for keeping this site up and active, even as the activity has slowed. I never saved that post to my harddrive, but seeing it today was a great wakeup call to me, when I needed it most.

It sounds kinda ridiculous but whatever I just wanted to express my thanks.

• Admin

Hey Bob,

That's good to hear. If their is any legacy from this site I want it to be that we created a family. Who care about each other. I think you have a really good perspective on your latest breakup and I'm sure you will get over it and find someone better. Wish you all the best! Also while the forum has slowly died with Will abandoning music the community is coming back on Facebook so check that out we are at almost 60,000 Likes. https://www.facebook.com/jjfpforever

This message board and website has definitely been an escape over the years. It's definitely family, and we've all shared some sort of hardships over the years here. Sometimes I need to distance myself from things like this forum, but once I find my footing again, it's always a place to share and be distracted from life. I'm sorry things are rough right now. Just know that they'll get better in a way that's hard to foresee right now.

Thanks guys, I definitely appreciate the kind words. And I share AJs perspective that there's something comforting about coming back to the site, it's like coming back home after being away for awhile. Tim, I am blown away by the number of fans/likes on facebook. I remember when it was just a hundred or so members of the group!!! Awesome stuff, I love the updates too!