JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Time to bring the community back...

Hero1

• Admin

At the height of jazzyjefffreshprince.com's success in 2004/2005 we were bringing in over 6,000 unique visitors a day..over 100,000 a month. The internet changes, social media has become big, and google has updated its algorithm more than a few times to hurt the site. Yes at one point this site was ranked #3 for a Will Smith search. Google no longer values older web sites..in fact it discounts them, and it ranks wikipedia, imdb and name brand sites way higher than fan sites. Good luck finding us for a Will Smith search even though the web site is now 17 years old, and has been updated more than Will's official site. The web site traffic of the site has dropped to around about unique 400 visits a day, mostly to the movie page. For all intensive purposes this community and forum is quite dead especially if you compare it to the glory days.

It's time to come anew, and get the community back! People don't visit web sites they visit Facebook, and I am aiming for our Facebook page to have 100,000 likes by the end of May. Its time to get that feeling back of a community of fans, who discuss and talk about things with each other. Expect this page to have the latest news about Will & Jeff also. Facebook has a tricky way of not showing updates of pages you like so first of all make sure you bookmark this page:

http://www.facebook.com/jjfpforever

Also comment on and engage in the discussion going on right now about.

Bad Boys 3:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=501135733275648&set=a.500555800000308.1073741825.370706629651893&type=1

and Fresh Prince of Bel Air:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=501805073208714&set=a.500555800000308.1073741825.370706629651893&type=1

Peace!

This is the post I've been waiting for! I noticed the Facebook activity and I like it.

One a separate note, my job dealt with the same issues as Google. When we relaunched our website, we no longer showed up high on the list for what we sell. It's been three months and our traffic has greatly decrease (and we are an online retailer). It takes taking time to have thing build up again. Do all members have messages sent to their registering email accounts. It probably wouldn't hurt to reach out to a few of the people who used to post often just to stir up some new dialogue.

After Earth will give us a little of a boost. Jazzy is staying active so that maybe we can mention the site in a comment on a YouTube video for Vinyl Destination.

Yeah, I like the activity. I think it would be a great idea if we created a bunch of JJ+FP memes (mostly based on lyrics and interview quotes about music). I think those could spread like wildfire on the internet. If it comes from a song lyric, a small reference to the song and album that it's on at the bottom will direct some people to their music (new and old).

• Admin

Good idea.. I was trying to think of good quotes from the songs before.. shadow dreams, the rain.. if anyone has a photo of Will in the rain that could be a good quote.. a good photo from the boom shake the room video would be a good throwback as well.. and of course.. girls aint nothing but trouble lends itself to this

• Admin

also if you have any quotes from interviews post them here.. it seems people have taken all these will smith quotes memes but i don't even think Will said half the things they are crediting him for.. we need some authentic ones!

Theres is a fake twitter account which has thousands of subscribers (even tho it actually says it isnt him), This person makes up a bunch of cheesy quotes and they float around the internet that Will said them. Wills real quotes are far better.

I'll have a think of some, im sure we can find some good running and reading ones.

There's an endless amount of stuff we can pull from. Decades of lyrics that funny, universal, and deep. His interviews are filled with the same. He also has great movie lines. Jazzy has plenty of music-related quotables.

• Hero1 unpinned this topic