JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to make a cameo in 'Anchorman 2'?

Ale

• 8 months later...

Plus, Carrell and Paul Rudd weigh in on our debate over who would make the best anchorman: Will Smith or Kanye West.
To hear their answers, and for more of our interview with Christina Applegate, watch the video below. Anchorman 2 is in theaters now.
Edited by Ale

Will Smith

Smith had to be shot separately from the other news rumblers due to scheduling commitments. But he gave a character voice to his battling ESPN news reporter character.
"And he was pretty vicious with the baseball bat," says McKay. "We actually did a thing where he and Will faced off with a clashing of swords and some tough-guy talk. I am sure it will appear on the DVD."
Edited by Ale

So we can officially say that this is Will's first cameo since 'Jersey Girl' instead of 'Winter's Tale' (we don't even know yet if he'll appear in that movie :lol:).
'Anchorman 2' is not my type of movie, but I'm glad he did this. It's always great to see Will doing fun stuff.
Edited by Ale

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I watched the movie and I have to say Will's cameo was a bit ... weird. I mean it was so clearly shot separately form the rest of the group that it kinda stood out. Will was in three shots in which he would say something but none of the other actors ever said a word to him which didn't happen with the other cameos. Plus I was kinda looking forward to seeing the two Wills share the screen at least for a while.

Other than that I have to say the movie was a disappointment. It had some funny bits but it wasn't nearly as funny as the original and definitely not as quotable.