JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith and Kanye West track

Big Ben

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm expecting the worst and I'm being stubborn. I'm TRYING to be more open minded to the idea. I don't like that "Bound 2" track though. It seems like the beat is going to go somewhere, but it never gets there. And still, the lyrics and his vocals are awful in my opinion. The good news is that if the song ends up being terrible, it's only a feature. Kanye isn't very respected amongst the heads though...look at the comments every time Russel Simmons posts something about Kanye on his Facebook. LOL I'm just failing to see this something that will be good for his music career, other than the attention it can get.

I don't like that "Bound 2" track though. It seems like the beat is going to go somewhere, but it never gets there.

That was what they were going for. He worked with Rick Rubin on this album. It was Rick's idea to strip a lot out of Bound and keep it as simple as possible. I don't know, I'd consider Rick Rubin one of the most respected people in not just Hip Hop, but music as a whole.

Like I said, Will likes Kanye and we all know Will would never compromise himself. It's a collaboration, not Kanye telling him what to do. They worked TOGETHER on it.

Edited by Vipa

More rumours:

The final tracklisting is drastically different to early reports, which saw that West would collaborate with Skrillex, Beyoncé and, most recently, Will Smith on the album, which had a working title of Rich Black American. It seems that West went back into the studio and fully reconstructed the album to create the genius that is now Yeezus.

Source: https://fameuxkills.wordpress.com/2013/06/15/kanye-west-unveils-yeezus-tracklist-as-album-leaks-early/

I haven't been online in a few months so this is welcome news to know that will did a track with kanye for his new albun

I wouldn't give up hope yet. Japan albums are hard to find and often unknown outside of Japan. They aren't "deluxe" editions either...they just have extra tracks. Keep in mind it took us 5 years to know the Japan version of JJ+FP's "Greatest Hits" existed, containing the unreleased Code Red era song "Don't Fight The Feeling." "Chosen One" is only found on the Japan release of Lost + Found, which isn't a deluxe edition. We just have to spend a little time waiting to find one with a tracklisting.

It does appear that someone is calling this tracklisting fake...

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=463460.630

Front this source, it says there's a song called "Goodbye" featuring FP. Another shows a song called "Wild America" with spoken word by FP...

http://rapgenius.com/groups/the-forum/discussions/28618-Yeezus-tracklist-leaked

I'm starting to lose hope...I doubt that we will ever hear this track. The Yeezus album leaked on the internet, so one would think that the deluxe version or Japanse version would leak aswell. Plus, so far nor Will nor Kanye have said anything about a Will Smith track on the album.

• 3 weeks later...

I have doubts too. After Rick Rubin talked about the messy state the album was in when he heard it just weeks before it came out, I doubt the song was anywhere near completion. Rick talked about most of the songs just being instrumentals with little to no vocals. Some of them were even completely written. Kanye was at peace with the devastating state the album was in. He essentially put the album together for Kanye while he did other things. Rick said how originally the album was supposed to be 16 tracks, and he suggested to Kanye "maybe this is the first disc of 2." When I hear that, I hear "your album is a wreck and you've done nothing to nurture these songs...the music isn't good...it's not releasable, etc." There's talk of a "part 2" coming out later because of that, but does that mean the music is worth hearing/releasing? Will the track be make it to that album? I don't feel things look good, and it's probably the song I anticipate the least that I know exists.