JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LOSE IT

Guest lambertj3

Public Enemy made a song dissin' the Bush administration 2 years ago called "Son Of A Bush" and yet nobody paid attention to it and they made a song last summer with Moby on the '04 Olympic soundtrack called "MkLvFkWr"(Which Stands For "Make Love, F**K war!") and nobody cared about that either! :bang: Why doesn't Public Enemy still go multiplatinum, they never really fell off as far as consistancy is concerned! :dunno: Ja Rule put out that wack album and it failed to go platinum last year, but even if Eminem puts out a wack album it'll at least go platinum, if it's average it'll sell 5 million! :nhawong: LL Cool J put out 11 phenominal CDs but none of them sold 5 million! It sounds like Eminem's trying to keep his black audience by doing "Mosh", but I don't buy into it, it sounds like when Jadakiss did "Why?" it's just for popularity, like Public Enemy says "Don't Believe the Hype"! And another thing that pisses me off about Eminem is that he's allowed to diss homosexuals on "The Marshall Mathers LP" but Allen Iverson's CD that year was shelved when he dissed homosexuals, now tell me that racism doesn't still exist, a white rapper can diss homosexuals but a black rapper can't?! :what:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, how many times can y'all say "wack" in 1 topic...?? :kekeke:

It's eazy when Eminem's newer stuff is the topic.

Nobody takes Eminem seriously. When he dose stuff, he dose it wrong. He can attack the Bush Administration but nobody is gonna pay attention 2 him. When Public Enemy makes music like that, it's not done in a way 2 get fame or money. It's 2 express themselves. Eminem just wants attention...he's not even calling 4 action, just attention. Since he's a joke, nobody is gonna take him seriously.

Chuck D vs. Eminem....puhleeze :roll:

Here's what I don't understand. Is why is that everytime someone mentions some dope artist or whatever, it'z gotta be KRS-One, Mos Def, and such. Those R high class lyricists. Any artist who was dope and kept in simple in the common language of the people?

There's a variation in whose hip hop's great artists as well.

Yeah, Eminem is "Losing It". There's not really a growth 4 fans from his past, and no curiousity 4 his possible new fans.

:werd: No matter how many CD's Eminem sells it ain't gonna change my opinion about him or a lot of today's mcs that only rap for the charts, Chuck D, KRS, LL, and even FP rap for the art, even though FP and LL are most successful ol' school mcs as far as record sales are concerned, they never forgot their heart or art like a lot of mcs like Eminem, 50 Cent, and Jay-Z do! BTW, they have "Behind The Music: LL Cool J right now on VH1", I was just flipping through the channels and I found it! :switch:

Hey I checked the listing, it's still on at 10, sometimes they show things earlier too but then repeat it later!

When Eminem's record sales decline, he'll quit rapping 'cause he only raps for money and will say anything now to sell a CD! :ditto: He shouldn't have done "8 Mile" 'cause he ain't an actor like Will Smith, he should leave the acting to the professionals.

i gues i am the only one on THIS board who does take eminem seriously and he WILL be around for years to come and HE IS TIGHT a lot of you are being to overly critical

it's easy to criticise rubbish

:lolsign:

:werd: His style's too predictable now! He needs poor record sales to show that he ain't as hot as he thinks he is, in my opinion he's gased up, maybe when the sales fall, he'll start rappin' like he did on "Infinate"! :ditto:

I found an article on the internet about how Michael Jackson's protesting to ban the video, it already got banned from BET! :lolsign:

Jackson Seeks Ban on Eminem's New Video

NEW YORK - Michael Jackson is reportedly angered by the way he is portrayed in rapper Eminem's recently released video "Just Lose It." The pop singer is said to be so upset that he has asked networks to remove the video from their rotations.

"Michael Jackson is very angry. He feels that Eminem has crossed the line," Jackson representative Ramone Bain told the Daily News in Tuesday editions. "Michael is calling on all networks to pull the video."

In the video, Eminem appears dressed mockingly as Jackson with a group of boys in the background, jumping. Then he sings the lyric in reference to Jackson's child molestation allegations: "Come here little kiddie, on my lap. Guess who's back with a brand new rap..."

Later in the video Eminem also ridicules plastic surgery done on Jackson's nose, and an accident in which Jackson's hair caught on fire while filming a Pepsi commercial in 1984.

So far, Black Entertainment Television has agreed to pull the video, and was expected on Tuesday to announce that it is removing the video.

"Michael feels the video is disrespectful and offensive...it's one thing to spoof someone, it's another to be completely insensitive and disrespectful," said Bain.