LOSE IT

Guest lambertj3

Yes i hate eminem but I'll still admit he's tight :dunno:

:nhawong:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I'll admit that I like a few of Eminem's commercial tracks like "Lose Yourself" and "Sing For The Moment" where he did rap with emotion, but what makes a great artist is doing it track after track after track like he did when he was underground, that's why Dr. Dre signed him, he has talent, but he's not consistant anymore, "Lose It" is wack, it sounds like he's mumbling his lyrics, he's not speaking clearly! He never tried to be funny when he was underground all of his rhymes were serious, you could tell that it's a force to sell records when he's trying to be funny unlike FP who grew up as a class clown, he keeps it real for who he is, he's not serious and doesn't try to be, Chuck D and KRS-ONE are legends 'cause they never make songs to sound funny, they remain serious 'cause that's the type of people they are, what I'm saying is I would like Eminem better if he didn't do songs like "The Real Slim Shady", "Without Me", "My Name Is", or this current "Lose Yourself" 'cause these don't represent who Eminem really is, keep it real Eminem, don't try to sound like the kings of comedy to sell records! :ditto:

i heard this new track on the radio the other day, it was like watchin him getting his penis caught in his zipper, ouch i feel his pain but it was great to laugh at lol.

Lyrically it is awful. It sounds like he cant be bothered anymore and he just sticks anythin out and waits for the money to roll in.

VH-1 aired "TV Moments: Eminem." I watched the 1st half of it and it reminded me how much i used 2 love Eminem's music. He waz so creative and funny...AND HIP-HOP. It makes me il 2 think about how dope he waz and how much he sux now.

Guest lambertj3

hey aj i know your opinion of hip hop differs from mine but isn't the lose it single funny , isn't funny the essence of hip hop at least to you ? you said he was funny when he first came out ? anyhoo just asking

I think its hilarious!! This guys is pretty much rappin about nothing and showing us all that he is rappin about nothing and making money$$$. He knows he can say anything and it will sell. I saw the video and I thought it was funny. I didnt take offenense of the artists he mocked cuz its all in fun and comedy. I think people take him too presonally. Of coarse for this board this is just MY oppinion. when I hear the song on the radio I just laugh!

I just saw the video...it sux. "My Band" waz pretty funny...but i think this is awful. The song is so bad and the video isn't any better. Usually videos help make bad songs better...but that's not the case in my opinion. The old Eminem waz clever and funny...since 2000ish, it just isn't any more. I don't find the song or video funny at all.

I'm watching "The Making of The Video" for "Lose It." This song is trash. The crappy cheap sounding music kinda feels like it belongs in the background of a Girls Gone Wild. I think some of this making of the video is funny...but that video itself is supposed 2 be really funny. There's one problem tho'...it just isn't....it's wack.

Why we gotta talk about Eminem so much, if he's wack, we shouldn't even mention him when there's mcs like Mos Def, KRS-ONE, and Talib Kweli that deserve more shine 'cause they have a lot more talent than Eminem, I don't wanna sound racist when I say this but the reason why mainstream embraces Eminem so much is 'cause he's a white rapper that has some skill, that's a fact now, he wouldn't have sold all those CDs if he was black and VH1 and MTV call him a hip-hop legend, but I think that DMX has been more consistant over the past 5 years than Eminem has been but none of DMX' albums sold 7 million copies! :daedulus: VH1 should've done a special on Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" or a 100 other ol' school hip-hop albums as an ultimate album instead of Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP"! :nhawong:

Here is a case where a video can save a song. Lose It is a remedial, juvenile song but the video is completely hilarious. I like the video because it's so over-the-top silly.

Lose It belongs in that category with Thong Song. These songs would be wack but the video is what makes the song a hit.

I'm sure Eminem has more serious singles ahead. In fact, he has a single called "Mosh" where be completely rips the Bush Administration.

Grade for song Lose It: D-

Grade for video: B+

Overall Grade: C-