JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LOSE IT

Guest lambertj3

you guys are still wrong he is tight stop being jealous , if he wasn;t u don't set sales records being rubbish lol

U are kidding right? Crap dose sell. De La Soul, Brand Nubian, and Talib Kweli dropped albums in the last the last few months. They aren't number one on the charts but make quality music. The production isn't light weight commercial stuff, the lyrics are creative, focused, and meaningful. Now, lets look at the charts....hmmm....we see people like Nelly. Nope, not any talent in site there. I think rubbish dose sell. That might have been the stupidest thing u've ever said. U may have a difference of opinion, but don't be ignorant about stuff like this.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eminem was a great artist wit...

Infinite

My Name Is (was that the 1st album title?)

The Marshall Mathers LP

The Real Slim Shady

After that, nah. It'z because he explained it all 2 anyone that made it out 2 be wack. His rap seemed 2 base around people of middle class that were gettin kicked lower than there position. (the things people say and think, and all then some).

The Eminem Show worked in popularity, but not as takin a chance at making it a commerative album. I think if someone is truly a great artist, the people that listen should have a hard time pickin' their fav. 2 listen to, but still know what'z the #1 best album that artist did. Music is such a great connecting tool, that it'z hard 4 anyone 2 keep soemthing 2 themselves. (like when people say 'I make music 2 express myself') It'z hard 2 do, cuz others experienced the same, somewhat similar, or relate somehow. In class, my teacher gave us this paper that has music doing these 4 things or is base on.

1. Artistic

2. Cultural

3. Commercial

Most likely, what do hip hop artists go for? #3. but they affect #2. and lack #1.

Wordz do hold a power. And U don't have to have millions or even hundreds of dollars to be affective, or as a result of. The simplist act of talking to someone has a power. Music is no different. Can U imagine if ALL music the world has ever known had no lyrics whatsoever? Imagine what sounds of such would do to peoples mind. Some good, some bad, some no effect.

There's no point in argueing wit someone about them liking 50 Cent, Nelly, Public Enemy, Jay-Z, Rakim, Talib Kweli, 'the hottest unsigned UK talent' Da Brakes, the lyrical writing Prince, or even myself. It'z just a matter of what that artist's music does 4 them. The answer is there when U ask them.

Guest lambertj3

That might have been the stupidest thing u've ever said. U may have a difference of opinion, but don't be ignorant about stuff like this.

Wow that has got to be the most ignorant comment i have heard coming from u in a long time u sound childish, and mfuqua23 i agree with u