JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

CBS TV Stations Land Sony TV’s Queen Latifah Daytime Talk Show For Fall 2013

Ale

EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures TV‘s The Queen Latifah Show is now a go for a fall 2013 launch. I’ve learned that, in a competitive situation, the daily syndicated talk show, executive produced by Latifah, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, has gone to the CBS TV Stations in a premium deal that will have the strip on the 16 CBS Owned & Operated stations.

The Queen Latifah Show will feature celebrity interviews, human interest stories, comedy, pop culture and musical performances. It is expected to showcase Queen Latifah’s talents, blending comedy and music into her hosting duties.

More details here..

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/cbs-tv-stations-land-sony-tvs-queen-latifah-daytime-talk-show-for-fall-2013/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
From Jada's Facebook:
Wearing my Executive Producer hat, standing beside the next daytime talk show superstar. Starting September 16, 2013, you will be able to kick it with Queen Latifah everyday.
We're gonna have fun :)
J
300306_10151575119071320_1810885670_n.jp

• 4 weeks later...
From Jada's Facebook:
Was hard at work on the set of the Queen Latifah talk show yesterday. We gotta hot talk show coming your way this Fall. Exciting!!!
Happy Friday! Do something unexpected this weekend, and tell me all about it. I won't post anything so I can read YOUR stories :)
J
64453_10151621076801320_1056145847_n.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Jada Pinkett Smith, Queen Latifah presentation of “The Queen Latifah Show” Q&A

Queen Latifah was joined by Jada Pinkett Smith for a Q&A session regarding Latifah’s upcoming talk show. Pinkett is one of her executive producers.

Latifah, who says friends call her “La,” opened with a song, a takeoff on “When You’re Good to Mama” from “Chicago,” in which she implored critics to give her good reviews.

Latifah and her executive producers Pinkett Smith and Corin Nelson took questions while seated on the sofa of her spacious set — a cozy space nestled inside of Sony Studios in Culver City. The color scheme includes warm browns, tans and brick reds, accented with mahogany wood and African decor.

Latifah started off by assuring folks that just because “queen” is in her name, she’s not trying to replace the queen.

“People have often asked me do I want to be the next Oprah. There is no such thing. Oprah is Oprah,” she said. “And she’s still being Oprah if anyone hadn’t noticed. Obviously there are great things she accomplished and I would love to be able to accomplish some of those things. But what I bring to television is me. I’m Queen Latifah. I had a different life story and different path that I’ve traveled.”

Pinkett Smith, who co-produces along with her husband Will Smith under their Overbrook Entertainment shingle, says her good friend and “Set it Off” co-star has a universal appeal tailor made for daytime TV.

“As you can see she’s very funny, she’s very witty, she’s very intelligent and she has a lot of heart,” Smith said. “I think what we’re missing [in daytime] today is heart. So Latifah, to me, when we did the research on her – across the board from [age] 3 to 80, people love her; women, men, kids.”

As for the show’s daily format, Nelson said it will be a multi-topic, talk/variety show recorded live to tape and involving everything from A-list celebrities to music and games, with “real incredible storytelling and real people.”

“We’ll have incredible field pieces with real great story telling and surprises that these people are not expecting that are kind of life changing, but also that we really hope the viewers can connect to,” said Nelson.

Although Latifah stressed she has an opinion on things, the producers are looking to keep show topics happy and uplifting, straying into politics only to accommodate a presidential candidate – or perhaps a sitting president. “I’ve already invited the president and the missus, by the way, when I was at the White House a month and a half ago.”

After the Q&A session, Latifah shared with us her biggest fear going into hosting her own talk show.

“The Queen Latifah Show” premieres Sept. 16. Will you be tuning in?

Edited by Ale

yeah i heard queen latifah's gonna have another show on tv again, i can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...