JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Yes Will was arrested back in the day.

gosia

For those of yall who haven't heard this story:
ne431.jpg

Can't wait to see the mug shot :pound: Congrats to National Enquirer... it only took you 23 years to dig this story out.

Apparently, Will Smith has a past… and it includes involvement in beating a man until he was nearly blind!
His alleged involvement in the 1989 assault occurred after the Pursuit of Happyness actor got into an argument with record promoter William Hendricks, which resulted in Will asking his bodyguard of the time to handle the situation.
Charles Alston, also known as Charlie Mack, fractured Hendricks’ left eye … all just a few days after Will Smith won his first Grammy Award.
Although the charges were eventually dismissed, who knew that at 20 years old, Will Smith was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person, simple assault and criminal conspiracy.
In 2005, Will had this to say:
“It wasn’t my fault. That’s what they all say! But it wasn’t my fault. This is back in Philly. One of my buddies beat up this dude, and I was there. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.”
In the upcoming issue, a source tells The National Enquirer:
“It was the worst night of his life. He wants to forget it ever happened. Will had to spend a night in the cell at the West Philadelphia police station with other inmates waking him up all night long and asking for his autograph.”
He got in one little fight and his mom got scared, and said he’s moving with his auntie and uncle to Bel-Air…

I'm surprised this took so long to dig up. That's really weird since we live in a time where we celebrate mug shots and love to seeing famous people "do badly." In the industry, the entertainer always catches the heat when they didn't do anything. That's the way it's always been.

At least Charlie didn't bite off his face.

It looks '89 to me. I'm not saying I don't believe this story. I just want to see a more official article. Like we've already said, it's just so hard to believe it took them this long to come with with dirt on him. PLUS the article quote just doesn't "scream" FP.