JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jeff's son busts amazing rap

I love this. The production is chill. I just wanna play this loudly in the car for the rest of the Summertime. I also love lyrics/subject matter. Young emcees/rappers simply don't nod their heads to the legends. THIS is the exception. THIS song should be out there directing the new audience to music that matters. It would be awesome if him and Jaden did a song together. Jaden is experimenting and all over the place in regards to his music but this is the kinda direction I'd like to see him take as well. They need to grab Diggy for a track too...lol.

• Members

what can I say that hasnt been said before? I got to admit I'm actually really impressed by this. and to be honest i think this is way better than anything we've heard from jaden, yet. they should really do something together. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - The next Generation. lol :)

Young emcees/rappers simply don't nod their heads to the legends.

This is simply not true. Just shows that you don't really follow releases of young, new Rappers that have been making waves lately. Fashawn for example released a whole Ode to Illmatic mixtape. J. Cole made a track called "Bun B for President". This is just one out of many examples. There is really no mixtape or album of the new wave of fresh rappers that is without at least a few lines of paying homage.

As for this track, it's not bad. His flow is still a little bumpy and some of his lyrics seem forced but he has potential. Certainly more than Jaden's Lil Romeo thing.

Edited by Turntable

Well, I would follow young rappers if they were any good. Mostly, they aren't. It's also not very motivating to look for new talent when you know that more than likely, it's going to be disappointing. Overall, what I'm seeing are the stank young fools just making idiotic non-lyrical music over painfully watered down beats. They almost never acknowledge the legends who laid the ground work. I too wouldn't consider Bun B a legend, though I feel Nas is on his way. For a long time I got on Nas for not being consistent. I've never been a fan of Bun B but I acknowledge that he accomplished. Additionally, I got J. Cole's album, and while I liked some songs, I didn't listen to it for more than 2 weeks. I'll probably blow the dust off it and listen to it again, but he still doesn't have the "it" quality that the emcees like Common Sense have that make me listen to their albums non-stop when they drop.

Jeff's son is not only tipping is hat to the legends, but he's making good music in the formula that they made it in. Of course, with The Magnificent as his dad, his has thousands of joints at his finger tips and a legend in his corner.

Well for this generation they, and many like them, are legends. But I've also heard rhymes about RUN DMC if that makes you more happy.

@ AJ: J. Coles albums isn't very catchy, I agree, he has more left in him I think. Check Fashawns alum "Boy Meets World" and Blu's "Below The Heavens"

• 2 weeks later...