JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince Mixtape

Ale

I can't believe this FINALLY found the light of day. I've never even been sure of its source but I've hard short bits of it before. This is the Holy Grail of JJ+FP's work...FINALLY out there for us to hear in full.

Yes!!!!!! This is the holy grail!!

I wonder if it's the same guy who made a youtube video with about the 1st 10 minutes of this...he first said in the video he'd love "to put the demo tapes in Will's hands"...not sure if that video is still online but this is fantastic!!!

You know what the best part of this is? It's RAW! No hooks, no singers - just two turntables and a mic! Will just spitting and Jeff cutting up everything in sight!

There's gotta be more where this came from. I'm sure this isn't the only mixtape they put out but its an awesome start!

Nice find Ale - once again you are the man!!

No, this was only ever on cassette tape. There's no real info on this but we can assume it came out in 1986 or 1987. I have a feeling they made the tapes themselves so there probably isn't any promo or official release of it.

I'd say the chances are slim to none. I've looked for JJ+FP stuff for years and I've never seen it. I didn't even know it existed until the last year or 2. Someone on the board found someone who played some short bits of it on YouTube. This is the 2nd time we've come across someone who had it.