JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Gillie Da Kid and Will Smith in studio

Ale

From Gillie Da Kid's Twitter:

Gillie Da Kid ‏@gilliedakid
How many of u niggas could get Will Smith to come to studio and give u a verse!!!! Zero !!!! But I did it #Boss4Real

RT @CopeWired: @gilliedakid and Will Smith in studio pic.twitter.com/K7f2kJ4p

AywuzCYCAAAvYPg.jpg

Edited by Ale

I must say, I've heard of Gillie Da Kid but never gave him a listen. I peeped some videos and songs and I must say that a lot of his subject matter is pretty standard and half of his beats are pretty weak. However, I like his voice and I like how he puts his lyrics together. He has an authentic street vibe that I haven' seen in awhile. I assume the Philly connection is how he got FP to hit the studio. I'm real interested in what they've come up with. Hopefully the track sees the light of day soon.

I'll believe it when I HEAR IT! haha..

In this day and age with the internet you'd think we'd hear a lot more from Jeff and Will. As big as Will is as a movie star, one thing is apparent, he has FULL control of whatever music he does. It's very secretive. I respect it but at the same time, it's like DAMN!!!

We'll see if we hear this soon...I hope!!

I'm with you Jim, there's been so many rumors that never came true in recent times so I'll believe it when I hear it!

Now I'm not sure if this is recent.. :lookaround:

Last summer Will Smith stopped by Batcave Studio in Philly to congratulate GDK on his new record label deal. Im a little upset because a day after it went down I heard I was actually in Batcave during somebody’s session and left minutes before Will had walked in. I even heard the two have a record together and there is footage of their session together and all.

GILL-AND-WILL-STILL-FRAME.jpg

http://www.hiphopsince1987.com/news/gillie-da-kid-gillie_da_kid-signs-a-new-deal-plans-on-releasing-4-mixtapes-1-album-a-movie-in-2012/

• 2 weeks later...

My son and Will Smith at Batcave Studio!!!!!! Yea he's on the album to !!!! I'm Gill Smith what u expect Ctfuuuuu

Pic:

• 9 months later...