JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorcing

Ale

On a final note, I just want to say that I HATE how the media reports on broken marriages. They blow these things up and and leach on them. They ignore that fact that these celebrities are going through a very painful time and they are violently rubbing salt in the wound. I think it's gross that they do it and that people follow it the way they do.

Aren't you doing the same in some respects? (And other members of the board) How would you like it if someone called you or a family member crazy? Just because its an internet forum, does that make it okay? Would you go up to the guy and call him crazy? I honestly don't think so..

There's a world of difference between discussing something with friends and "reporting" things on national tv shows.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, by that logic, Will is pretty crazy too, at least partially

Lets at least be fair...

Is will in a very high position or partly in a very high position in a cult? Anyway.. I can not denie that I think a little bit less of Will since all of that stuff came out

Edited by Turntable

Will is not into scientology hes friends with Tom but are you not allowed to be friends with someone of a different religion (if you can call it that). Will said he studies religions and that is it. There was nothing else at all that suggested Will was into scientology. Im almost a little interested in it myself coz i wanna see what the big deal is, doesnt mean i believe in it or like it, or agree, im just interested.

Well Will

1) Is close friends with Tom
2) Has publically defended scientology
2) Established a school that teaches on Scientology principles
4) Given out scientology gifts to friends
5) Given money to scientology charities

Although not of the religion, Will was very close to it, and very close to having the same media/public reputation that Tom has

just saying, its a very fine line..

Other than FP and Tom being rich movie stars, I don't see them as similar. He said he did not practice Scientology. He's spoken of God and his Christian beliefs. FP is genuine in interviews and gives encourages people. He gels with nearly everyone he meets because he likes people and isn't socially awkward. He's approachable and the vast majority of people respect him. Can we say all of those things about Tom Cruise?

Tom Cruise comes across as condescending sometimes. As I see it, he believes he's better than a lot of people and too good for certain events/people/etc. He's awkward in interviews and on the red carpet, as if if it's something he's forced to do. He seems much more "untouchable" because of those qualities. Also, the level of respect he gets hasn't been what it was in the 80's and the first half of the 90's.

My point is not to trash the guy. I'm merely stating facts that I believe to be not too argumentative. And like Schnazz said, this is a discussion on a message board. I'm not writing articles and posting YouTube videos for the sake of trashing him. I'd like to see him be a personality that people gravitate to. I'd like to see him find success in his career. Not saying he should believe what I believe, but I'd like to see him have faith in something that isn't ridiculous. In short, I wish good things for him like I wish them for anyone and everyone. I'm just saying how I observe things from my opinion.

Well Will

Although not of the religion, Will was very close to it, and very close to having the same media/public reputation that Tom has

None of these can proven, its all been reported by the media, crap like TMZ. Ive never heard him defend it that much, hes just never slagged it off bcoz thats not his style. He once said "If i ever became a scientologist my grandmother would roll over in her grave". Thats enough for me. If you wanna believe the garbage people write about him, go ahead, i'd rather stick to facts and what comes out of his mouth.

Please yall... stop draging Will into Tom's mess. Go watch Wil's 60 minutes interview recorded at his house on youtube. Can you spot that gigantic Christian cross on the wall? You do? OK, case closed.

Edited by gosia

Well Will

None of these can proven, its all been reported by the media, crap like TMZ. Ive never heard him defend it that much, hes just never slagged it off bcoz thats not his style. He once said "If i ever became a scientologist my grandmother would roll over in her grave". Thats enough for me. If you wanna believe the garbage people write about him, go ahead, i'd rather stick to facts and what comes out of his mouth.

Come On, all of those are facts. I can provide sources if you want, and not from tabloid sources.

For example, regarding the school

http://www.forbes.co...y-ties-in-2010/

I would not consider Forbes.com a tabloid source by any means

The last part of my statement was "Not of the religion", so I agree he isn't a Scientologist

My point is if anyone is happy to throw dirt on Tom as crazed/loony/ weirdo, even though none have actually met the guy, then you'd be happy for the media to do the same to Will

Edited by rawad_m

The only fact in that forbes "article" is that Will and Jada founded the school an that they support it financially. Everything else is just speculation. He provides a link to radaronline for God's sake. This is the entertainment section of Forbes and the article was written bu a dude who (If I rememebr correctly) was 1. working for FOX "NEWS" (entertainemnt section of course...) 2. was fired by FOX NEWS bacause he wrote a review of some film based on a illegal copy he downloaded... We live in a world obsessed by celebrities and absolutely everything that is in any way connected to them. Please find "Sellebrity (yes with S for SELL)" trailer on youtube and watch the documentary once it comes out. You may develope a different opinion about so called "facts" regarding the rich and famous that youy read everywhere.

• Members

@Turntable I just wanna say that I absolutely agree with every your comment you have ever post on this forum...even with comments like "ugh" (you know what I mean)LOL!
About Will and all those scientology things,everything what @rawad_m wrote is true,and my sources aren't some gossip magazines.That of course doesn't mean that Will is scientologist,sane as Christian cross doesn't mean that he's dedicated Christian.I think that he just accepts with some things that both faiths declare.It's he's right,I don't care about that,but most things that they are doing with Willow and Jaden are very,very strange and unacceptable for me...but that's just my opinion...it's not like they care about what I thought LOL.
P.S.You can say whatever you want,Tom is good actor,successful man,maybe a good man too...but he is very,very weird person who is blinded by scientology.It's hard for me to understand that Will is so close with somebody like him.