JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorcing

Ale

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry things didn't work out for them. I can't say I'm a fan of either but Tom Cruise has become more unlikable over the years. Hope they can make things work after marriage when it comes to children and whatnot.

She got tired of Crazy Tom.. I like the guy, and his latest movies have been pretty good, I really dont like it when couples like this divorce. Im glad Will And Jada found the way to stay together.

I just can't say I like Tom. I've seen him in some interviews and he seems to be an incredibly annoying person. Plus, the whole scientology thing..I don't question it when people have a faith or belief system. I just have a problem when it's a man-made system. That's just weird to me. I can honestly say I only remember ever seeing two Tom Cruise movies...Top Gun and Tropic Thunder (lol). I've also never followed Katie Holmes' movies. She seems to have the personality of carboard when I see her on TV. I have the feeling it Tom may have been a part of that. He seems like a controling crybaby. I think I've only ever seen her in Mad Money...which I only saw because Queen Latifah was in it. If Tom was controlling her career a bit, as it seems, it'll be interesting to see where she goes from here.

She escaped!

I like a lot of Tom Cruise's movies but I have pretty much zero respect for the church of Scientology and how they treat people. Katie Holme's career tanked after she married Tom. I can't help but think he had a part in that. She went from Batman Begins to Jack and Jill. This is good news, in my opinion.

Not sure if you're referring to me or not, rawad (just because I didn't call him weird :wink:).

I do have a big problem with the church of Scientology, however. They are constantly suing people and they take tons of money from their followers. There's a lot more I could say, really. The board could have a big awesome thread on the matter!

I have a problem with Scientology simply because it's a man made religion that has nothing to do with faith. Yet, it's not a reality. I have to be fair and say that it was years ago when I read about it and I don't remember much of what I read, but my thoughts were "this is idiotic." "Religion" is a bad word these days, but when we look a different faiths, they are things you believe in and adjust your life to. They are based in history, or what is hoped to be accurate history, and you adjust your life accordingly. However, if you are treating something that man made as if it's something more than someone's idea, that's just weird to me. It's nothing but a cult.

Back to Tom Cruise, I do think he's kind of obnoxious. I've seen a few interviews and for every moment he's been a nice guy who's serious about acting, there's a moment where he's a diva, a snob, and over-dramatic jerk who's living in his own reality. Like I said before, I haven't followed Katie's career at all, but I strongly believe that Tom is a controlling diva who kept her from working and from being successful. I have a feeling she'll really begin to blossom.

On a final note, I just want to say that I HATE how the media reports on broken marriages. They blow these things up and and leach on them. They ignore that fact that these celebrities are going through a very painful time and they are violently rubbing salt in the wound. I think it's gross that they do it and that people follow it the way they do.

I have a problem with Scientology simply because it's a man made religion that has nothing to do with faith. Yet, it's not a reality. I have to be fair and say that it was years ago when I read about it and I don't remember much of what I read, but my thoughts were "this is idiotic." "Religion" is a bad word these days, but when we look a different faiths, they are things you believe in and adjust your life to. They are based in history, or what is hoped to be accurate history, and you adjust your life accordingly. However, if you are treating something that man made as if it's something more than someone's idea, that's just weird to me. It's nothing but a cult.

Yes I believe Scientology is a cult. Does that make Tom a bad person, or just misguided?

You know Will was into scientology a little, probably still is, and is friends with him

does that make Will half crazy, quarter crazy? or not at all just because were fans of him?

Back to Tom Cruise, I do think he's kind of obnoxious. I've seen a few interviews and for every moment he's been a nice guy who's serious about acting, there's a moment where he's a diva, a snob, and over-dramatic jerk who's living in his own reality.

People have said the same thing about Will, often. Half the time Will's bragging about himself, but we still love the guy. So why is Tom obnoxious, but Will isn't?

Like I said before, I haven't followed Katie's career at all, but I strongly believe that Tom is a controlling diva who kept her from working and from being successful. I have a feeling she'll really begin to blossom.

Tom probably is controlling, but similar things have been said about Will and just about every divorce.

On a final note, I just want to say that I HATE how the media reports on broken marriages. They blow these things up and and leach on them. They ignore that fact that these celebrities are going through a very painful time and they are violently rubbing salt in the wound. I think it's gross that they do it and that people follow it the way they do.

Aren't you doing the same in some respects? (And other members of the board) How would you like it if someone called you or a family member crazy? Just because its an internet forum, does that make it okay? Would you go up to the guy and call him crazy? I honestly don't think so..

I do think Tom is seriously misguided, but he hasn't killed anyone.

Im not a fan of his, and i'm not really attacking anyone on here, but the whole media treatment/ large public view that he's some freak makes me sorry for the guy

Edited by rawad_m