JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What do you think of MIB3?

fan 4ever

I just came back from seeing it and I was disappointed.... The first 30 mins did nothing for me at all and was actually quite bored. I probably laughed 3 or 4 times during the movie and a lot of the jokes I just didn't find funny at all. Josh did a fantastic job as a young Agent K. He had the voice, mannerisms and actions down to a tee. I think the chemistry worked really well between him and Will as well.

SPOILER ALERT...

To me it didn't have that 'gotcha' moment or catch me off guard.

I saw the ending coming a mile off as well. As soon as I saw the Colonel I immediately thought 'I bet thats J's Dad and he gets killed'

I guess I had built it up too much in the lead up to the movie...

1st - MIB
2nd - MIB 3
3rd MIB 2

Perhaps they should leave this as a trilogy...

Edited by Da Brakes

Seems like a love it or hate it movie. I did not see the ending coming and that bit really made the film for me. I guess it all depends on your sense of humour too coz i thought it was really funny. I like all the films Barry Sonnenfield has done so i guess im on the same level as him.

• Members

I just came back from seeing it and I was disappointed.... The first 30 mins did nothing for me at all and was actually quite bored. I probably laughed 3 or 4 times during the movie and a lot of the jokes I just didn't find funny at all. Josh did a fantastic job as a young Agent K. He had the voice, mannerisms and actions down to a tee. I think the chemistry worked really well between him and Will as well.

SPOILER ALERT...

To me it didn't have that 'gotcha' moment or catch me off guard.

I saw the ending coming a mile off as well. As soon as I saw the Colonel I immediately thought 'I bet thats J's Dad and he gets killed'

I guess I had built it up too much in the lead up to the movie...

1st - MIB

2nd - MIB 3

3rd MIB 2

Perhaps they should leave this as a trilogy...

Yes. They definetly should leave this as a trilogy. 3 Movies are ok and the third are even better then the second one.

Because of your spoiler:

Me and my brother was thinking about twice possible capabillties... first are that this was J´s Dad and then died. second was that this could be the man sitting in the entry floor of the MiB HQ.

I liked the movie. It was not breathtaking but it was pretty fun and I laughed many times. It was definitely better than the second one. The action scenes were pretty good and the people in the theater seemed to enjoy it.

The best performance was absolutely Brolin, that guy made an even better K than TLJ in this movie lol. Tommy really looked to be 110 years old and I didnt like him. Will was really funny, but his face looked ridiculous on many of the close ups and sequences. He does look like 34-35 years old in the movie though, only really tanned and his hair darker than ever.

Edited by VIsqo

I really liked the movie! This one focused more on story rather than comedy and action. While some moments moved a little slower than others, they kept the story moving. I would liked to have seen a little more action and comedy, but I"m still satisfied. I liked that they kept some of the quirky comedy but I don't think they had enough mainstream comedy to balance it out. I think all of the characters were great. I was upset that Frank the Pug wasn't in it. I understand that the dog must have passed on but I felt that the character should have been their played by another dog. I also wanted to Jeebs (who runs the pawn shop. He had about one second of screen time and I couldn't tell if it was the same actor or if it was a lookalike. I also wanted to see the guy who played the morgue guy/sci-fi nerd (I can't remember his name...the guy that plays Ian in the Chipmunks movies).

The villian was kinda interesting to me but I really liked the Griff character. That guy was just on his game the entire time. The visuals were great and MIBisms made things feel like home. The ending was GREAT. To be honest, I saw something like that coming based on the little reference made earlier in the movie. I was interested in how the pieces were going to come together on that. I didn't dislike MIIB (or WWW) and I would like to see them come up with strong scripts in the future and return to it time and time again (as long as its good). NO REBOOTS!!

As far as Fresh Prince movies (1995+), I like it better than Hancock and MIIB...and I will see this in theaters again. I"ve never seen a movie in 3D because the whole thing seemed lame to me. I might give it a try with MIB3.

• Members

@JJAJ
Give them a chance. But see that you got a good 3D cinema next to you. Its better to go to an other cinema/other city to see a good 3D than to see a bad 3D. Especially because of mib3 is converted 3D. The 3D effect can make a movie even better... or worse.

I will see MiB3 this friday again too ;)

Im going again on Friday bcoz my friend wants to see it. This is a first for me i have never seen a movie in the cinema twice, thats just how much i liked it. Im def going for 3D again bcoz unless i win the lottery and a buy a 3D tv im not going to see it again in 3D. I can watch it in 2D all i want on DVD.

Will killed any chance of me seeing it in 3D when I saw him on Letterman. Converted 3D isn't nearly as good as something filmed with the right equipment. Avatar had really good 3D. The Avengers, did not.

As far as MIB3 is concerned. I liked it. The second half more so than the first. Some scenes were really well done. Josh Brolin did a great job. The jokes weren't great though. Especially when I think about how funny the first film was.

It was a decent movie. A hell of a lot better than MIB2 (which wasn't hard), but I think they could probably end the series here. I can't see TLJ doing another one.

I think it's better than the second movie but I think the 2nd movie was funnier.

I usually see FP's movies at least twice in theaters. The last 3 I haven't but Bad Boys, ID4, MIB, and BB3 I saw at least 3 times in the theaters. I saw BB3 in theaters 3 times during opening week...LOL.

BB2 Man.. I saw BB2 twice on the movie theater, it has been the only Will Smith movie Ive seen more than once in the theaters. I always get the dvd's.