JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2Pac and Nate Dogg brought back to life for Coachella

Da Brakes

You all have to check this out! I would love to see this live!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULrFtjaixbY

------------------------------------

http://www.purplerev...-coachella.html

Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre are bringing the late great 2Pac and iconic rap singer Nate Dogg back to life for their Coachella show using the latest hologram technology and a swirl of weed smoke, no doubt.

The Aint Nuthin' But A G Thang duo will resurrect friends for their headline set at the California desert festival and promised it will be one of the best hip hop shows ever.

The music world was plunged into mourning last year when Nate Dogg, the singer of rap's most unforgettable hooks died after multiple strokes.

California Love star Tupac Shakur was shot dead in Las Vegas in 1996, many believe as a result of the bitter East vs West Coast rap feud.

The artists were all part of the West Coast crew who waged war with their East Coast rivals in the Nineties, which also saw Biggie Smalls shot dead.

Sources also revealed that Eminem and Warren G are also set to join Dre and Snoop for the biggest rap show in decades.

A Dogg Pound insider said: “Snoop and Dre are going to make this the greatest hip-hop show of all time.

"They want all the legends of the West Coast there – even those who have left us too soon.

“The hologram technology has to be seen to be believed.

“It’s going to be an incredible moment and one of the most talked-about festival shows ever.”

I saw one of these videos before coming to the board. It's crazy. Some of "2Pac's" mannerisons and stage presence were on spot while others made it obvious that the movement was based of someone else. It's still insanely cool. At the same time, I have to say that its kinda weird. With TLC being one of my favorite groups, they've talked about going on tour again and I don't think I'd want to see them do this with Left Eye. Her 1999/2000 performance synced up on a screen were good enough for me like they did in their last few performances. I'd like to hear other opinions on this.

Amazing right! I agree Tim!

I really think they need to explore this further.. Can you imagine how insane this could get as technology advances further?! No doubt they'll be a Biggie one next... Maybe even a concert of rappers/singers that have pAssed over the years!

Ive just seen this, it looks amazing but a bit freaky really. Someone on youtube commented that 2pacs hologram is better than modern rappers lol. Its true tho, i would much rather see 2pacs or Left eyes hologram than any modern day rapper. I would like to see more of it, but it is a bit weird. Im not sure what i'd like for TLC's tour, its a hard one.

Afeni Shakur Reacts To Pac's Resurrection At Coachella (DETAILS)

Posted
April 16, 2012
by
for
Global Grind Staff
817-grey.gif

142967199.jpg
Last night
was resurrected in the form of a hologram during
and
's set at Coachella.

Now for the first time we are hearing what Pac's mother
Afeni Shakur
thinks about seeing her son perform one more time.

A rep told
, Afeni was thrilled to see her son's likeness walking back and forth and rapping with Snoop and Dre.

Dre reached out to AV Concepts to create the image and got Afeni's blessing before the show.

Nick Smith, President of AV, says:

"We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre's vision to bring this back to life."

The hologram of Tupac was planned several months in advance and took nearly four months to create in a studio. Nick wouldn't admit how much Dre paid for the hologram, but did reveal that it would cost around $100,000 to $400,000 to produce a figure like Pac.
It's clear that Dr. Dre wasn't sparing any expense for this performance, because in addition to shelling out big bucks for the hologram, he also got Afeni's approval and dropped a nice sized donation to The Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation.
Now that's swag!

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/entertainment/tupac-mom-afeni-shakur-reacts-coachella-hologram-performance-details#ixzz1sMfxlkHg