JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

It's been 7 years since "Lost and Found"

bigted

Damn, we're all getting old, it felt like yesterday to me, one of the happiest moments of my life was when I went with my parents to Kmart to pick up that CD, went home and played it all night and posting about it here on this forum, those were great times I'll never forget...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_and_Found_(Will_Smith_album)

Yeah, I went out to WalMart that night so I could pick it up up. I remember just being totally hyped about that album and playing it non-stop. Last night I celebrated by watching the 2005 JJ+FP set on DVD. Everything looked like it was gonna last for awhile but the steam steadily declined after after "Switch" ran its course. It's easily one of the best Hip-Hop albums of that era and even those he's "WILL SMITH," that album didn't stick as long as we wanted. The performances were dope and only God knows why he didn't continue making music for often. Everything about that album said "I'm back to making music regularly and I'm back to staying try to myself rather than letting labels sway me." It was a long time comin,' but it's great to know he's back at music.

Here's a pic from the night I picked up L+F...
207103_10150166116553699_502843698_65798

It's amazing how time flies. I remember how chaotic it was the couple days leading up to the release with all the leaks. I bought it the day it came out - went to Wal-Mart that morning and got it. It's a good album but definitely has it's shortcomings or should I say ...short songs. The production is very 2005 but one track that I loved from the day it came out is Party Starter. How that song wasn't a hit is beyond me. That whole L+F project was mishandled. Switch cleared the way for something special to follow like Tell Me Why and Party Starter but nothing ever transpired. Could've went Platinum at least.

The album dropped at a really enjoyable part of my life. Uni, friends everything was spot on. Not that i'm not enjoying life now. But makes me think that Will dropping an album has a say in that lol. Even when Born To Reign i had a great summer in '02.

L+F dropped during a really dark time for me and lasted all the way through a turn around. Willennium did the same thing. Since I usually listen to his/their albums regularly for a very long time, they really do serve as the soundtrack for those times. Those albums brighten my day...especially when they were new. I'm believing for some really good times ahead...so a new song or 2 would really be nice. :)

Lost and Found should be approaching platinum status right about now shouldn't it.. I think it did sell easily over a million times if you take world wide sales anyway. I know the album was pretty big in the Netherlands. I precisely remember the prettiest girl in my class shaking it to switch. Good times.

Edited by Turntable

• 2 weeks later...

Great topic!
I remember the times, too - some good ol' good ol' times...! I had bought the album on amazon, I had preordered it and just couldn't wait until it comes out and arrives at my home thru the postman. This time seemed endless to me, it was just a few weeks but these few weeks were like forever...like never ending! Then when I finally had gotten the CD I immediately had to throw it into my sound system and listen to it. While listenin' I was so surprised, amazed and happy at the same time. I couldn't believe my ears, just couldn't believe how sick Will was rapping on that disc - so classic!!!

PS: I remember how I came to this forum to post about it and tell my opinion 'bout the album, too!

Edited by E - Style-Greesy - E