JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

No MIB 3 Track from Will Smith

gosia

• Admin

This song is rubbish.. It doesn't really have anything to do with Men In Black at all.. It makes you appreciate the original MIB song and Wild Wild West..thats how it is done... :grrr: "lets make a movie baby" :hmmm: How did Will let this crap be associated with his movie??

If you record someone vomiting, slow it down, and stretch it out to take up just over 3 minutes of time, you get this song.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO REMIX "MEN IN BLACK" for 2012 AND USE THAT AS A SINGLE!!

OMG this is awful!! what the hell is that sample to combine it with Pitbull's poor raping skills, thats just sad.. wow and I was getting excited for this movie..

Pitbull Would Love To "Follow In Will Smith's Footsteps"

"He's the blueprint of what any artist in the music business would look up to," Pit tells MTV News

He wants it all, chico. Pitbull is a proven hitmaker, so it's no wonder that he was tapped to record "Back in Time," the first single from the upcoming "Men in Black III."

Who knows? Maybe the union will lead to a future Hollywood collaboration. Not only is Pit a fan of the "Men in the Black" franchise; he's a big fan of star Will Smith as well.

"I think he's the blueprint of what any artist in the music business would look up to and idolize what he's done," Pit told MTV News on Monday night from the L.A. set of his "Back in Time" video. "As far as not only in the music business, but also in Hollywood, how he's gone from not only one of the best artists musically [to] also one of the best actors, I would say, around the world."

It was Big Willie himself who recorded the theme songs for the first two installments of the "MIB" trilogy (1997's "Men in Black" and 2002's "Black Suits Comin' "). Now, Pit takes the reins and looked to a sample of Mickey and Sylvia's 1950s classic "Love Is Strange" for inspiration. According to the Miami rap artist, the song falls right in line with the upcoming film's time-traveling plotline.

Pitbull is looking forward to the day he and Smith can collaborate again.

"I think in every way, shape and form, we'd love to follow in Will Smith's footsteps," he said. "We're working on the music for the movie, and hopefully, one day, we'll work in a movie together."

http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=40822

Thanx for posting that. Even tho' I don't like his music and have yet to get a feel for his personality from his music (which shows its irrellevant), but at least he's giving the Fresh Prince props. But so does everyone else...

That last part about "WE'RE working on the music for the movie" is weird. I can't say I want to hear them do music together but it sounds like SOMETHING is happening.

As is the case with most rappers (other than Kanye and Nas), Pitbull seems like a nice, humble guy. While I don't like his sound, you think that would trickle into his music some. I don't listen to him but I can say that the music I have heard from him doesn't represent that. I respect the experimental sound of the song but it doesn't look like the video has anything to do with MIB. Other than movie clips being mixed in and the black suit, that might be it.

• Admin

As is the case with most rappers (other than Kanye and Nas), Pitbull seems like a nice, humble guy. While I don't like his sound, you think that would trickle into his music some. I don't listen to him but I can say that the music I have heard from him doesn't represent that. I respect the experimental sound of the song but it doesn't look like the video has anything to do with MIB. Other than movie clips being mixed in and the black suit, that might be it.

He seems like a pretty smart guy.. and he's making rubbish songs because he knows it will sell.. he knows what is popular.. I guess he's a good businessman.. but it doesn't change the fact this MIB3 song is awful..and Will really shouldnt have let him do it..