JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

CENTRIC Honors Legendary Rapper Heavy D in the First Original Documentary Since His Death

Ale

--"BE INSPIRED: THE LIFE OF HEAVY D" Premieres Sunday, February 26 At 11 p.m.* --Special guests include: Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah, Will Smith, Doug E. Fresh, Cee-Lo Green, and many more.

NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- On Sunday, February 26 at 11 p.m.*, CENTRIC premieres the first documentary celebrating Heavy D since his death. The hour-long documentary includes interviews and testimonies from entertainment heavyweights including Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah, Will Smith, Brett Ratner, MC Lyte, and more. Viewers will hear stories about the late rapper from his family and other artists who formed early hip-hop including Doug E. Fresh, Big Daddy Kane and Kurtis Blow. Interviews include Queen Latifah reflecting on Heavy D as a mentor and Will Smith discussing their early beginnings together in hip-hop and Hollywood. Fans will experience how his music impacted hip-hop and pioneered the way for other MCs, and will also enjoy performance footage including Heavy D's last televised performance at the BET Hip-Hop Awards on October 11, 2011.

*All times ET/PT

About CENTRICCENTRIC is a 24-hour music and entertainment channel that reflects the lifestyle and sophistication of today's African-American and multicultural adult viewer. With a finger on the pulse of an ever-changing beat, its compelling music content fuses Soul, R&B, Neo-Soul, Hip Hop, Reggae, Gospel, Jazz, Old School, New School and everything in between with today's hottest artists. It is a unique of mix of music, culture and lifestyle programming that embodies the lives, tastes and aspirations of the CENTRIC viewer: All you. All day. All night.

Carly Zipp, 212-205-3159, carly.zipp@bet.net

SOURCE CENTRIC

Copyright © 2012 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

http://www.marketwat...eath-2012-02-22

Edited by Ale

thanks for that, too bad i don't get centric but i'll check that video

speaking of heavy d tributes, check out this dope mixtape i found just now:

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/15453/the_peaceful_journey_a_tribute_to_heavy_d.html

• 1 month later...

This is why I need 2 visit the movie board more often. This is my 1st time seeing this! I'd love to see the whole thing. Fresh Prince, LL Cool J, and Heavy D are my top three favorite emcees. It still doesn't feel right that one of the coolest, nicest, and most talented people in Hip-Hop is gone.

If you ask me, this goes on the FP music board...ain't nothing Hollywood about this.

Rest In Peace Heavy D...Hip-Hop will never truly heal from this loss.

• 1 year later...