JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Battle Rap

Da Brakes

I'm a huge follower and long time fan of the American/Canadian and British battle leagues. I don't know if any of you guys follow them (Grindtime, Don't Flop, Smack URL etc)

HOWEVER, my all time favourite league without a shadow of a doubt is 'King of the Dot'. Organik has practically brought this league to the forefront of battle rap. If you don't know I would strgonly suggest you head over to YouTube and check out some of the battles. Notible battlers are:

Thesaurus
Illmaculate
Pat Stay
Charron
Dizaster

They have just released one of the biggest match ups ever to grace any battle league! Check this out... I am so hyped!

The more you watch... the more you get into it. You start to learn about their backstories and rivalries they have!

Thesaurus and Illmaculate are legends in the battle arena. They came up in The Jump Off league and destroyed everyone put their way in the freestyle street battles.

The leagues now are written battles and I think this is a great step for the genre! Some people still incorporate freestyles in their raps... especially when flipping another verse.

Some notible battles and some of my fav's are:

Pat Stay Vs Hollohan

Dizaster Vs HFK

Thesaurus Vs Illmaculate

Charron / HFK vs Bartone / Stepeasy
(Charron is probably one of the best at flipping and rebuttals)

I really liked Soul Khan who has since hung it up. But that's OK since he's been putting out solid music since.

That's one huge area a lot of battle rappers lack in... They dont know how to make songs! There are a few that have it down and made the transition successfully but on the whole it's pretty weak!

i'm feeling these battles