JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DIGABLE PLANETS REUNITE!

JumpinJack AJ

Digable Planets Reunite, Plan Tour, Album

by Slava Kuperstein
posted December 04, 2011 at 12:52PM EST |
Digable_Planets_304x304.jpg
Butterfly, Ladybug Mecca, and Cee Knowledge are hitting the stage and studio once again.
Taking a page from the Wu-Tang Clan, Digable Planets has formed like Voltron.
Original members Butterfly, Ladybug Mecca, and Cee Knowledge (formerly known as Doodlebug), have big plans for 2012, including a tour and album.
The group attained platinum status in 1993 with their album Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space), and earned a Grammy Award for the song "Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat)."
Digable Planets' last release was the 1994 album Blowout Comb.
Further details on the tour and album are not available as of press time.

I think there is a higher power toying with me. About 4 years ago I decided listening to only Cool Like That for two years before that was just not enough. So ever since then I have, and I've had my friends looking as well, to find their two albums. I'm too broke to hit up Amazon, so we've waded through goodwill and other thrifty stores, and I've yet to get either of them. Now god's taunting me with talks of another one. I can't wait, but I want to pick up their first ones.

Overall, I like Reachin' better than Blowout Comb...but they are both great albums. It took me a second to adjust to the slight change in their vibe on the 2nd album when I first got it.