JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

My Book Has Been Published!

Ataraxia

• Members

Hey, guys,

Been away for a couple of months, really digging down and trying to get my career as a writer going.

Well, I'm very pleased to come back and announce my poetry book, The Innocence of Not Wanting to Live or Die, has been published!

The book primarily deals with apathy, the suppression of one’s emotions and lack of interest in everyday life. I explore the subject of illness and death, as well as the writing condition, relationships between human beings and the concept of the self. The poems included I wrote over a period of seven years, shortly after the death of my Mother to cancer and before/during my severe diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease (an inflammatory condition of the gastrointestinal tract).

Basically, this is a journey of one man going through the emotions – not a lesson in morality. Be it that I am only human, many people will be able to relate to the spurts of anger, sexual rebellion, dissatisfaction and even sarcastic hopelessness that I express here in opposition to myself, other people and even fate (if there is such a thing, of course).

There's a certain seriousness tinged with humour within my poems, and it's much closer to the "easy-read" style of modern poets such as Charles Bukowski than Shakespeare. So even if you claim you don't like "traditional" poetry, give it a try.

The book is selling really well at the minute. Copies are limited, so if you want one, be sure to check the links below.

People in the U.K. will get a signed copy from me personally when ordered through my website: http://www.andycarri...uk/theinnocence (you can also preview three of the poems via this link)

People outside of the U.K. can order here: http://www.lulu.com/...or-die/18674224

Thanks for listening.

innocencenew.jpg

Full synopsis of the book:

“The mad disease comes in many forms,” says Andy Carrington in The Innocence Of Not Wanting To Live Or Die.

Compiling poems written over a period of seven years, this book explores the subject of illness and death, as well as the writing condition, relationships between human beings and the concept of the self.

Ranging from the extremes of contemplative suicide after the loss of a parent, and falling head over heels in love with the women who were once deemed his “saviours”, the author attempts to find a middle ground through the means of poetry and alcohol.

Whether this results in apathy or having to come to terms with his own ill health, the struggle to identify personal feelings and process one’s emotions begins an individual’s search for clarity and acceptance.

• Members

I've been on various drugs, but nothing has really helped. I've reduced the amount of dairy and red meat in my diet, however, and it's a lot better than it was a year or so ago.

Before that, I had two emergency ops to basically save my life. It was a really tough time; I had to have an Ileostomy (a waste pouch on my abdomen), and that's where the main inspiration to write this book came from.

i'm gonna check this book out, sorry to hear about your mom and your crohns, but the positive thing is how you used it to fuel your poetry, i wish you a lot of success on your project here

• Members

i'm gonna check this book out, sorry to hear about your mom and your crohns, but the positive thing is how you used it to fuel your poetry, i wish you a lot of success on your project here

Thanks, man.