JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What I Think Will & Jazz Should Do, In Relation To The Album

• Members

Sorry if in the wrong section. But...........

I think Will should do with Jazz is build promo by hopping on other people's tracks both new and old school. Such as a Heavy D track in memory, LL Cool J's new single with Ne-Yo, Maybe Drake's new duet with Rihanna (but maybe with Jada?), or any other song that is genuinely hot or good (in his oppinion). With some original tracks produced by Jazz and/or other producers such as Polow, "40" (Drake's producer) and others.

Just an idea, up for discussion.

JJ+FP has never been much for collaborations. In today's radio forecast, it's bleak, embarrassing, and ignorant. There aren't many artists for them to consider working with. I rather hear quality music rather than excess for the sake of doing so. I prefer to only have Jeff on the boards. For a "solo" record for FP, I'm okay with a few producers working with him as long as its quality. I could care less if it's a big name, I just want to hear him rhyming over good beats.

• Members

JJ+FP has never been much for collaborations. In today's radio forecast, it's bleak, embarrassing, and ignorant. There aren't many artists for them to consider working with. I rather hear quality music rather than excess for the sake of doing so. I prefer to only have Jeff on the boards. For a "solo" record for FP, I'm okay with a few producers working with him as long as its quality. I could care less if it's a big name, I just want to hear him rhyming over good beats.

Well i probably have a different look on it. But i agree, i too am looking for quality raps. I just think there is soo much Will can do in this day and age. Then again, i am from a different generation and have a different taste in music as most of you, as well as not paying too much attention to JJ+FP till very recently.

As far as collaborations go, i assume Will has done some looking from the sidelines to see who is good and has depth in their rhymes or overall vocals to the point of IF he would collaborate on something.......who would it be. I assume his family would be on it to some extent, as well as Tra-Nox, JJ, and others. There are some quality names out there, but for the younger generation below me, all they care for is a hot beat with a catchy hook.

As far as producers go and sound, i am only assuming Will is going for somewhere between current and old school sounds on the record as well as something he can ride on bring them off the ground. Polow and JD have some quality records under their belts for example, so does someone like Kanye West and not to mention Jazz.

I could probably name a few people it would be interesting to hear blend with Will.

• Members

I think some interesting names to hear Will record with would be names like (along with some examples of music i think Will could rock with them on...if they were Will's or just similar vibe)

I had more examples and names , but i couldnt post all the links :/

I picked the names because i thought the vibe would be interesting with their various production or voices on a chorus or something similar to what Nicole from the PussyCat Dolls was limited to on L+F Edited by Alex Marques

• 3 weeks later...

if there's collaborations i want it to be with mostly legends from the golden era of hip hop(slick rick, ll, rakim, rev. run, dmc, naughty by nature, public enemy, kool moe dee, latifah, lyte, krs), i wanted to see a JJFP and Heavy D collaboration for a long time but obviously that won't happen with Heavy gone, there's not too many out there today that bring quality unless it's talib kweli, rhymefest, jean grae, b.o.b., j. cole, and lupe

One thing i would really love if if the new album was under the name DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince and have Jeff be on every track but the chances of that happening is very unlikely (but you still never know). I can't complain though cause we're finally getting some new music. FP could name himself ''Super happy lovey dovey kisses guy'' and i'd still be excited

Edited by analogue

• Members

One thing i would really love if if the new album was under the name DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince and have Jeff be on every track but the chances of that happening is very unlikely (but you still never know). I can't complain though cause we're finally getting some new music. FP could name himself ''Super happy lovey dovey kisses guy'' and i'd still be excited

lol. In my oppinion, having the album name under the duo is non grata. From reports i have read here, Will is comin back on a solo deal. It would be cool tho, no doubt,

I do hope Will stays to his roots and doesnt comeback entirely off-base just for airplay. I am still hoping for some collabos or a mixtape for promo before the album, i can think of a few records id like to hear him go in on :)

• 1 month later...