JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Watch the throne still # 1 album!

VIsqo

i'm actually thinking the same thing since his album sales have fallen off quite a bit after the big first week, the final sales will probably be around 2 million at the most, a lot of people saying that lil' wayne put out a weak album, which comes to my point of how back in the days you needed to put out something of quality to sell, "big willie style" only sold 50,000 in the first week but it sold 10 million altogether and a lot of other classic albums from that time didn't sell much at first week either, the only good album that sold one million copies the first week was eminem's "marshall mathers lp", most of those albums that sell a lot the first week are overhyped

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that jay-z/kanye album took almost 2 months to go platinum which is kinda low for them considering how much anticipation there was supposed to be for it, this album is considered average like i mentioned too, it'd been a great idea for them to do an album together around 2004/2005 but it doesn't work these days

you could say that def jam probably bought some copies of that album too, i thought back in 2005 that interscope probably bought 50's "the massacre", will's "lost and found" would of sold 10 million if interscope promoted that one the way they promoted 50

yeah i say that though since it's a weak album, i find it hard to believe that in 2011 so many people would waste their money on such trash when they could listen to it on the internet for free, the problem is that it seems like a lot of these so called real hip hop heads seem to be the ones who don't support the quality artists when they put out something, no matter how much i listen to online i still buy cds

For me it isn't hard to believe. The hype was there, and the people thought that after all that rock/pop crap, Lil Wayne was gonna bring the fire on this rap album. Well, he didnt. But he still managed to sell a lot on the first week.

well when has lil' wayne brought the fire? i don't mean to sound like a hater but he's never been on the level of the greats

yeah his voice is annoying and his rhymes are corny, i doubt most of those who think he's a great lyricist heard of mcs like rakim and big daddy kane, they're mostly justin bieber fans

sometimes there's some exceptions like nas' "my generation" and when he did the hook on game's "my life" but most of the time he just ruins songs, he sounds a preschooler when he does songs with big time mcs, it's like a minor leaguer swinging with ken griffey

He has a lot of industry fans, not just Pop Fans. Actualy quite a few people appreciate him because of the same reasons they like Rakim or Big L , because he does have a lot of creative punchlines (ATTENTION: I am not comparing him with them, I am just poiting out THAT A LOT OF INDUSTRY PEOPLE WHO KNOW HIP HOP WELL like him). That doesn't help his songs tho - almost all of them suck. Still the only song I realy like by him is La La La.. Real lyrics, dope Beat, nice Sample Chorus.

But you know I dont care realy, if people like his music they should buy it. If you dont like it, buy something else. You cant control what is popular, nobody can, also not the radio of MTV, cause nobody gives a ish about Radio or MTV anymore - and last time I checked it is as easy to listen to a PE song on Youtube as it is listening to a Lil wayne song. Let people liosten to what they want and let homies get paid. Edited by Turntable