JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

If Will is indeed back: Give me 5 Rappers you would like a collab track with

• Members

If Will is indeed back: Give me 5 Rappers you would like a collab track with.

Let me state mine.

Nas

Rakim

LL Cool J

KRS One

Common

I know that Will and Nas have been friends since Big Willie Style when Nas was helping Will vibe the new style of hip hop upon his return, but man I would love to hear these 2 guys collab, and even more now that I saw Will up on stage with Nas on youtube when he was rapping "Made you look"

Rakim and Eric B....Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince...They were the top duo's in the game in the 80s and early 90s. I would LOVE to hear the GOD Emcee Rakim and the Prince of Hip Hop Will Smith collab on a track.

LL and KRS are too other old school cats that I would love to hear have a track with Big Will, both have lasted from the 80s and both are Rappers I enjoy.

Common, another actor slash rapper like WIll, and I think would make a great collab.

Overall I think the ultimate would be a track with Will and Rakim, with Jazzy producing! Would be TOO DOPE!

None of this will probably happen lol but no harm imagining right haha

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, anyone is sounding better than Gillie Da Kid right now... let's see:

Rakim- This would be dope. Will and Rakim both have exceptional flow.

Big Daddy Kane- I'd love to see these two go hard on a track.

I don't really want too many collabs on the next album, to be honest. I want verse after verse coming from the Fresh Prince.

The only collabo I want is with DJ Jazzy Jeff. I agree with Silver Tiger completely because if you look at Willenium, one of its biggest flaws is that it had way too many collabos and that was 1999, collabos are even more popular now which is ridiculous. On a track like "Who Am I", MC Lyte really didn't need to be on there.

However to answer your question...
LL Cool J
Jay-Z
Skillz
Nas
Lupe Fiasco

• Admin

1. LL Cool J <A great collabo & music video, where they reminisce on coming out in the 80s and been doin it for so long>
2. Chuck D <A song withe a deeper meaning, something like "The Rain"
3. Q-Tip <Just something real smooth on a Tribe Called Quest Tip>
4. Mos Def <something on the acting/rapping>
5. Erick Sermon <fun old school track>

• Members

Man, anyone is sounding better than Gillie Da Kid right now... let's see:

Rakim- This would be dope. Will and Rakim both have exceptional flow.

Big Daddy Kane- I'd love to see these two go hard on a track.

I don't really want too many collabs on the next album, to be honest. I want verse after verse coming from the Fresh Prince.

I agree on Gillie and I agree on having the majority of the album Big Will verses! But I must say I would still LOVE to hear a track with Nas or Rakim. And I agree people, I want Jeff to make the cuts for Will full time as well.

I think it should be mix of old and new skool artists, otherwise its hard to sell some records. In general it is difficult now for rap artists.

My choices:
LL Cool J or Ice Cube
Nas or Jay Z
Lupe Fiasco
Bruno Mars
Rihannna or Janelle Monae

Producers:
Jeff
Kanye West
Pharell
Timbaland

Probably Willow & Jaden will also have a track on the album, maybe Kyle too.

Edited by Jin

I realy dont see most of that happening.. He just isn't the guy for it. People always say "Oh I want him to rap with Rakim or have him work with Premier" and so on.. But lets face it, Will likes Pop. It makes perfect sense that he is working with Burno Mars, doesn't surprise me at all. I know it will still be high quality music. They only thing in that direction I could actualy see happening might be Nas, because they have a histroy. Maybe The Game.

That being said.... I want him to Work pick beats Statik Selektah, Pete Rock, Black Milk, Nottz.. He could also look for some lost Dilla Beats. I want him to get CL Smooth, Fashawn, Termanology, LL Cool J, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Asher Roth,Phil Ade and about 20 other dope Rappers on there.. Ofcourse not all of them, cause I wanna hear Will spit.

Edited by Turntable

Why are we titling this this post with "If"? There's no question that he's back!

No surprises here...
Emcees:
LL Cool J
Common Sense
Queen Latifah
KRS-One
Chuck D

R-N-B Artists:
Boyz II Men
Musiq Soulchild
Jill Scott
Brian McKnight
Tatyana Ali

Other...if he's feeling experimental and it works:
Shaggy
Jason Mraz
Colbie Caillat

Producers:
DJ Jazzy Jeff...that's it.

But since it looks like he's working with multiple producers, here's a few other...
Pete Rock
Former A Touch of Jazz Producers
DJ Premier
Teddy Riley