JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Game Producer Working on T.I. & Will Smith Comeback Albums !

Ale

In-demand hip-hop producer, Mars from 1500 Or Nothin, reveals to XXLMag.com that Will Smith is working on a new rap album…

La Mar “Mars” Edwards is one of the busiest producers in the game right now. He had a hand in most of the tracks for Game’s new LP, The R.E.D. Album, and he’s gearing up for the late September return to music by his close compatriots, T.I.

“Definitely, that’s my brother, we got a company together,” Mars said on the phone form his home in LA about whether he has tracks already waiting for Tip once he gets out of prison next month. “He’ll always be my brother, he’ll always be a friend and production partner. I’ll always be working with Tip. He’s been sitting for a year. So I’ve been thinking about my brother. I have all different types of directions, all types of different stuff.”

Mars and 1500 Or Nothin, his collective of producers/musicians, certainly have enough to stay busy in the interim.

“We’re working on Tip, we’re working on the High School movie with Snoop and Wiz Khalifa. We’re working on Will Smith, bringing him back. That’s actually him on the other line right now. Snoop’s daughter, we just put out her first single. We’re doing the whole album. Mario wants me to d a mixtape with him, we’re working on that. I’m working on Ashanti. We’re just working on as much as possible.”

Besides producing songs such as “Martians Vs Goblins” (featuring Tyler The Creator) and “Speakers on Blast” (with Big Boi and E-40) for Game, Mars is also one of the co-executive producers on The R.E.D. Album which drops on August 23. —Shaheem Reid

http://www.xxlmag.co...omeback-albums/

:clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap:

Edited by Hero1

i cant believe this!!! finallyyyy!!!! 6 long years!!!

NO WAYYYY!!!!!!!!

There has been a few little things suggesting it may happen, this is the best news yet. If this happens i will be amazingly happy.

You know AJ is gonna come here and say i told you so, but i dont care, its so worth it.

haha...i was thinking the same. id have him say it a million times if it meant there was new music in the works!!

Where there's smoke...

For the past 2 or so years we've been hearing about him visiting rappers in the studio, and when questioned about it they all seem to reply with "Shhhh, top secret"......We'll see where this goes, though.

• Hero1 unpinned this topic