JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Found this from a marketing guide from Sony.

https://docs.google....sOGGPI75N7NS4gA

After Earth

One thousand years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s flight from Earth, Nova Prime has become mankind’s new home. Legendary soldier Cypher Raige returns to his estranged family, ready to be a father to his 13-year-old son, Kitai. While traveling to a nearby planet, an asteroid storm damages Cypher and Kitai’s ship, and they crash-land on an inhospitable Earth. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain – encountering highly evolved creatures and a ruthless alien beast, along the way – in order to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance.

Wow... I'm feeling that story line.

Yeah, why can't Willow and Jaden do projects without Will being there all the time! It has to totally shut down his career when they are filming or whatever.

Likely because they are his children and in an attempt to be a good father, he is trying be there to watch over them and be a guide and example for them as they take on these projects. So many of the other Hollywood kids are exposed to the industry and left by their parents in the care of others or to largely fend for themselves. We have numerous examples of many of these kids turn out and I'm sure Will and Jada, while wanting to support the budding careers of their kids, are well aware of the pitfalls that are prevalent. I can't fault them for doing a good deal of hand holding as their careers develop.

Yeah, why can't Willow and Jaden do projects without Will being there all the time! It has to totally shut down his career when they are filming or whatever.

Likely because they are his children and in an attempt to be a good father, he is trying be there to watch over them and be a guide and example for them as they take on these projects. So many of the other Hollywood kids are exposed to the industry and left by their parents in the care of others or to largely fend for themselves. We have numerous examples of many of these kids turn out and I'm sure Will and Jada, while wanting to support the budding careers of their kids, are well aware of the pitfalls that are prevalent. I can't fault them for doing a good deal of hand holding as their careers develop.

I get that, but maybe for only 4 to 6 months, not years.

I just want to see a Bad Boys 3 movie, lol. I dont care if he makes Annie, wall-e, Barbie, couldnt care less about all his other production work. Cant get new music? lets get movies That we like.

Lincoln Lewis ‏@linc_lewis

Bloody miss hanging with these 2 on set every day!! #AE @isabellefuhrman @officialjaden hurry up and get to Australia!

https://p.twimg.com/AvtlKbiCMAAnNtL.jpg

M. Night Shyamalan ‏@MNightShyamalan

@linc_lewis @isabellefuhrman @officialjaden Where am I in this photo? I hired all you people!

Edited by Ale

• 2 weeks later...

Plot Details for Smith and Shyamalan's After Earth

The sci-fi film will have a panel at SDCC.

Next month's San Diego Comic-Con will include a panel on Saturday, July 14, for After Earth, the upcoming sci-fi film starring Will Smith and Jaden Smith and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. The panel description in SDCC's schedule includes new plot details for the secretive film.

Here is the plot synopsis provided by SDCC, so be advised of spoilers:

"In After Earth, one thousand years after cataclysmic events forced humanity's escape from Earth, Nova Prime has become mankind's new home. Legendary General Cypher Raige (played by Will Smith) returns from an extended tour of duty to his estranged family, ready to be a father to his 13-year-old son, Kitai (played by Jaden Smith). When an asteroid storm damages Cypher and Kitai's craft, they crash-land on a now unfamiliar and dangerous Earth. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance."

The SDCC panel will include the film's screenwriter, Gary Whitta, and cinematographer Peter Suschitzky, as well as the team behind the tie-in comic book After Earth: Innocence, artist Beni Lobel and writers Robert Greenberger and Michael Friedman. Peter David, author of the After Earth prequel novel, will also be there.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/30/plot-details-for-smith-and-shyamalans-after-earth

On the internet, especially twitter, people are really ragging on the name "General Cypher Raige". I hope they show some footage at comic-con. The film could use some positive buzz.

On the internet, especially twitter, people were really ragging about the fact that there was going to be an MIB 3. The internet was also abuzz about the Karate Kid movie...This is pretty standard.