JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bad Meets Evil - Fast Lane

I picked up the album yesterday. I really like it. Maybe 3 of the songs are filler songs but other than that, it's a completely solid album with dope production and emcees who are actually rapping correctly.

I picked up the album yesterday. I really like it. Maybe 3 of the songs are filler songs but other than that, it's a completely solid album with dope production and emcees who are actually rapping correctly.

AJ what is the lyrical skill like in comparisons to Em's earlier work?? I've been hearing that its actually Royce that is outshining Em on this album..

Edited by Da Brakes

I haven't gotten to absorb the lyrics yet. I've just vibed to the production and the delivery. For the songs that I have listened a little closer to, the lyrics are good. As expected, they are light years ahead of the typically Wayne/Drake/Ross/Nicki crap. I will say that Eminem has more charisma on the songs though. I love Royce but his deliver just doesn't have the same energy as Eminem's. That has nothing to do with the lyrics though.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny enough I just started listening to the album, and is it just me or does the SONG on the album go a bit slower than it does on the video?

On the video they are rapping so damn fast that I can't understand everything, yet the album track seems a bit slower.

Weird.

EDIT: Now I know I'm going crazy. Just played the video and it sounds the same. #fail

Edited by TragicallyInept