JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XXI

Da Brakes

Wow, I would have never guessed that was recorded in the '50's. Definitely progressive.

Ale, I just listened to that song about 2 weeks ago for teh first time in ages. What's weirder is that Billy Ocean is performing in Maryland this month. He's older with long white dreads now. I watched a recent performance from him tho' and he's still got it. He sounds great live.

FREDO STARR + JILL SCOTT - Shining Through

Save The Last Dance Soundtrack (2000)

Man, I forgot how much I loved this song. As I looked up this video, I found out Sunshine Anderson sang on the original version...maybe on Fredo's album. I never got it so I'm not sure.

On his album, yeah. On his album the beat is also very different. I have to say I prefer this version over the album version.

Edited by Turntable

JODECI - Good Luv
The Show, The After-Party, The Hotel (1995)

I've always loved this song. The whole album just takes me back to a really good place. They have recorded over 200 songs in the last few years and they are finally starting to piece and album together and plan a tour! I wanted to post the article but it was during the time the board was down.

I am listening to the album "Below The Heavens" by Blu & Exile.. It's been out for a few years but I slept on it.. And now that I hear it I can honestly say this might just be in my Top 10 of all time.

**** jewels I think my soul glows bright enough
And **** whips I learn more when I ride the bus
And **** it's bad enough that we fight for bucks
And **** hoes cause in the end I need a wife to love
Plus heaven is the life for us

Edited by Turntable