JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XXI

Da Brakes

"I Need Love" just reminded me how Marky channeled LL for his own joint...

MARKY MARK + THE FUNKY BUNCH - Make Me Say Ooh
Music For The People (1991)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWVZZt9ieZU

IMMATURE - I Wanna Know You That Way
On Our Worst Behavior (1992)

I busted out Immature first album for the 1st time in a long time. I didn't even know they made a video for this song!!

I like that Gershwin tune...but I can't say I'm crazy about this version. I was in the musical Crazy For You back in the 90's and that's how I was introduced to it.

CIARA - And I
Goodies (2004)

Ciara is one of those artists who is talented but more than half of her music is "eh"....but once in awhile, she gets it right. This is one of those moments.

Wow, I would have never guessed that was recorded in the '50's. Definitely progressive.

Ale, I just listened to that song about 2 weeks ago for teh first time in ages. What's weirder is that Billy Ocean is performing in Maryland this month. He's older with long white dreads now. I watched a recent performance from him tho' and he's still got it. He sounds great live.

FREDO STARR + JILL SCOTT - Shining Through
Save The Last Dance Soundtrack (2000)

Man, I forgot how much I loved this song. As I looked up this video, I found out Sunshine Anderson sang on the original version...maybe on Fredo's album. I never got it so I'm not sure.

Ale, I just listened to that song about 2 weeks ago for teh first time in ages. What's weirder is that Billy Ocean is performing in Maryland this month. He's older with long white dreads now. I watched a recent performance from him tho' and he's still got it. He sounds great live.

Are you planning on seeing him, man? I'd love to!

I'd like to see him but with my current schedule and money situation, it's not going to happen.

R. KELLY - Beautiful In This Mirror (Deluxe Edition)
Write Me Back (2012)