JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

A Star is born

Jin

Beyonce to Star in 'A Star is Born' Remake
On : 2011 Feb 14

Beyonce

Beyoncé Knowles is headed back to the big screen.

According to Deadline.com, Beyoncé will play the leading role in a remake of 'A Star is Born,' to be directed and produced by Oscar winner Clint Eastwood.

The movie is said to be a musical with production set to begin sometime in the fall.

No word yet about who will play the male lead, but names like Will Smith, Diddy, Eddie Murphy, Robert Downey Jr., and Jon Hamm have been floating around.

This would be the fourth remake for the film, the last being the 1976 version starring Barbara Streisand.

Clint Eastwood & Beyonce: 'A Star is Born' Remake?

Clint Eastwood may be directing Beyonce in a remake of A Star is Born!

Although no male lead has been cast in the project, Deadline reports that the studio has been hoping to pair Bey with Will Smith!

Beyonce has had a successful on-screen career so far with Obsessed, Cadillac Records, and Dreamgirls.

DO YOU THINK Beyonce is a good choice for A Star is Born remake?

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/01/20/clint-eastwood-beyonce-a-star-is-born-remake/#ixzz1ELTnim8y

I'll agree with that. Beyonce has a great voice and seems like a great person. Her songs just aren't very good. Each move in her career has gotten worse since DC stopped. Kelly and Michelle have been more consistent than she has. I think Kelly's albums are both great. I like all 3 of Michelle's tho' I was happy to see her stretch on her mainstream album. Beyonce's albums when from good to average to...Sasha Fierce.