JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

100 Best Rap Songs of the 2000s

VIsqo

100 Best Rap Songs of the 2000s

http://rap.about.com/od/songs/tp/Top100RapSongs2000s.htm

I agree with some of them, with some others I dont. This hasnt been the most brilliant decade for music in general, but I really thought that hip hop could have done way better. Anyways here I leave u with the list, emit your comments and opinions.

This list is really interesting. It's the least consistent list I've ever seen. It's got some dope tracks, some god-awful tracks, and unknown songs all mixed up. Accurate? Heck 2 the nizzo. Interesting? Yes.

• Admin

Songs I like from that list:

92. Erick Sermon (ft. Marvin Gaye) - "Music"
"To relax my mind so I can be free" are the first words on Erick Sermon's "Music." Isn't that what comes to mind when we hear the words "music" and "Marvin"? Erick holds his own, but Mr. Gaye puts on a hell of a performance from the other side.

66. Snoop Dogg (ft. Pharrel) - "Drop It Like It's Hot"
SnoopandPharrell.jpg© GeffenSnoop dropped this one in the hovering humidity of '04 and watched it sit on No.1 for three weeks. By now, everyone had learned one thing: never bet against The Neptunes.

Jurassic 5 - "What's Golden"
Jurassic5WhatsGolden.jpg© Interscope"What's Golden" hearkens to Jurassic 5's mission statement. Merging conscious rhymes with old school beats was the forte. And they held onto those values all the way to the end of the group's run in 2007.

35. OutKast - "Ms. Jackson"
Stankoniacover.jpg© LaFaceAndre 3000 and Big Boi, in their creative ebullience, dazzled with 2000's Stankonia. Arguably their best LP, Stankonia, scored 5 mics in The Source and spawned three of the year's most popular songs: the ferocious "B.O.B.," the swaggerlicious "So Fresh, So Clean," and this here baby-mama-drama anthem "Ms. Jackson."

20. Missy Elliot - "Get Ur Freak On"
MissyElliott.jpg© Atlantic Records/ATGMissy quickly became a favorite in the 2000s on the strength of her progressive production and innovative videos. "Get Ur Freak On" is a testament to her array of artistic strengths. It combines disparate elements that have no business being in the same pot together: Indian strings, tribal drums, Chinese gibberish. The result is a cohesive gem that sent ripples across the airwaves.

10. Dead Prez - "Hip-Hop"
M1.JPGA bouncy anthem that showcased DP's versatility while underlining their commitment to activism.

damn the 2000s sucked hey? :lookaround:

Well especially the second half of the 2000s decade like you mentioned the good stuff didn't get much recognition, I bet I could come up with a list of the 100 most slept on songs of the 2000s and they'd be better than most of what's mentioned here

Here's a few of my favorites that weren't mentioned:
Common "The People"

LL Cool J "Ill Bomb"
Edited by bigted

Of course this song right here is a favorite on this board Will's "Tell Me Why" Featuring Mary J. Blige

Nas Feat. Olu Dara "Bridging The Gap"
Edited by bigted