JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nightmare on My Street

waggi67

• Members
hello...
so ....how can i say?! i´m looking for someone who can help me to find an "original".

For first i´m sorry that i don´t payed enough attention to the english lessons in school, but perhaps you´ll understand....

I search desperately :bang: who sang the original "Nightmare on My Street" hit which had a release perhaps between 1986 -1996.

Can anybody help me????? PLEASE :bowdown:

thank you very much

waggi67
(swiss alien in germany)

• Members
thank you fpr the early answer but i don´t think that the song has an direct connection to the movie except the name. i think that the soundtrack for the Freddy movies i mostly played by "classical" music instruments. But the music by smith&jazzy jeff is made modern style. i remembered 12" vinyl with a bloody scatch on the cover.... but
unfortunately that´s just all......

thx again.....

• Members
realy?! :dunno:
sorry but you say "you are not sure" ...
and i´m sure that it is NOT the Version which is released between perhaps 2000 and 2002.
That song if i´m right also called "Nightmare on Elm Street" and not "Nighmare on MY Street". But anyway quite every song which will be shown by "a kind of napster- maschine" is that one you are right. but it there must be 100% an other.
:thanks:

DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince recorded a song called [b]'Nightmare On My Street'[/b]

This sampled the music from the film [b]'Nightmare On Elm Street'[/b] They called it 'Nightmare On My Street' as a play on words.

I am [b]100%[/b] sure of this. There is absolutely no way that I am wrong about this!

[quote=Da Brakes,Sep 18 2004, 09:41 AM]DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince recorded a song called [b]'Nightmare On My Street'[/b]

This sampled the music from the film [b]'Nightmare On Elm Street'[/b] They called it 'Nightmare On My Street' as a play on words.

I am [b]100%[/b] sure of this. There is absolutely no way that I am wrong about this![/quote]
Da Brakes is right man...dont doubt him...also look at the main page of this site...

www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com

Check the page: JJFP Originals
Then the discography page...

come on bro, we know this..dont ever doubt us.

• Members
oh i will believe
but .... i think i remember a (how you call a voice deep or high?) and that version which i mean has not the voice of smith the voice was deeper like the speaker in thriller of jackson (hope my explanation is more precisely) or was i an other "killer mix" of jeff&smith :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...