JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The 10 Most Disappointing Rap Albums of 2010

VIsqo

sure there had to be as many wack rappers back in the '80s and '90s but the internet wasn't around so a lot of the wack rappers back in the late-80s to mid-90s didn't get the chance to record anything, but mostly everything these days is weak, even a lot of that underground stuff is underground for a reason, and I know there's some good stuff still but it's not classic like the quality albums from the golden era, lupe's cool but is he really better than rakim? rakim past his prime is better than today's best rappers at their prime, ice cube's recent albums from 2006-2010 are still good too and could hold their weight against anything out in that time period, age ain't nothing but a number, i understand that...

i think it's a fact that a 50-year old rapper like chuck d has a better chance of putting out a classic album than most 20-year old rappers today 'cause he's the master of putting out classic albums already and most of today's 20-year old rappers haven't put out anything classic yet, there's no age limit on good music, and at the same time if a teenager puts out a classic album i'll support that too, like a said in that earlier post i think that hip hop already reached it's peak, i'm standing by that, kanye and eminem are good rappers for this time period and they might have talent but they're not doing anything groundbreaking to me, when and if people look at the history of hip hop as a whole then i think they'll realize this, that's all i really gotta say, peace...

Edited by bigted

It's hard to still be groundbreaking, it is almost impossibe, so it makse sense to say that for example Wale will most likely never make an Album as big of a classic as PE did, but that does not mean that Chuck D could. I actualy hardly doubt that Chuck D could make a better Album than J. Cole these days. I mean, he might could make another classic, but he'd have to work with the right people, which they usualy dont. The only reason Common made another classic (Be) is Kanye. Speaking of Kanye, My Dark Twisted Fantasy is as groundbreaking and innovative as a Hip Hop can be these days and times, if you dont believe me just listen to all the big critics in the world. But thats not even that important to me, because there are a lot of albums that coming out in exactly the sound we all love from rappers who are just as good if not better MC's then the ones who created the sound. Stop focusing on the whack **** man and focus on the good stuff, there is more of that coming out every month than I can aford. If you wanna focus only on whats popular and wine about that, go listen to pop music and stop claming that you try to represent Hip Hop, cause Hip Hop doesn't care about the charts and about whats hot, she told me that while we were kicking it yesterday.. Thats right, kickin' it, because I still love H.E.R.

Edited by Turntable

Haha I like that post....A lot of these critics are bandwagon jumpers like the fans, if Kanye didn't sell much records they wouldn't be quick to give him props, then again maybe I should start looking at the glass as half full rather than half empty for 2011, things could be better but it could be worse, at least with the internet now there's choice even though it's harder for the good stuff to be recognised, i still love h.e.r. too...

Haha I like that post....A lot of these critics are bandwagon jumpers like the fans, if Kanye didn't sell much records they wouldn't be quick to give him props, then again maybe I should start looking at the glass as half full rather than half empty for 2011, things could be better but it could be worse, at least with the internet now there's choice even though it's harder for the good stuff to be recognised, i still love h.e.r. too...

Great way to look at it Ted!

Kanyes album is amazing. No way around it, even if you dont like it. He shwoed that he is not just a good throwback producer, but an innovator, an artist.

@ Ted: I'm not trying to insult you or anything man, I know you love Hip Hop as much as I do, I've known you long enough now to know that. I just think you sometimes get carried away by the bull****, even though there is so much more good ish out there. It's all love man.

Edited by Turntable

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lambertj3

Eveyone has their own opinions about what is wack or not lets just agree to disagree not everyone is gonna like the same artist, example just because i like 50 cent and others don't dosen't make him wack.