JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP + LL Cool J= "Thriller" of Hip Hop?!

bigted

In my heart I know that there's a great chance for real hip hop to sell again 'cause it's no fluke that the 2 greatest mcs Fresh Prince and LL Cool J have sold over 50 million albums combined with a boat load of awards, TV sitcoms, and box office hits, with fans from 8-80, I know kids in my family that like them both and my papa's 76 years old and he don't like rap but he digs their music:

So with no further due, Big Ted's(if you read this Jazzy Jeff let me be the A&R/hype man of the project, I'll take the intern role just so I could learn from all the greats) concept to bring Will "Fresh Prince" Smith and the GOAT LL Cool J back to the top of the music industry and entertainment world, the blueprint to create the "thriller" of hip hop:
Step 1: Get together the right production team of their careers to create their musical background: Marley Marl, Jazzy Jeff, Rick Rubin, Teddy Riley, and Trackmasters

Step 2: Bring back the turntable conept of hip hop with Jazzy Jeff and Cut Creator on their tour

Step 3: Turn this music that's created into a double album soundtrack to a film that they both co-star in, it could be a "Pursuit Of Happiness/Last Holiday" type of film with a deep concept for some "Tell My Why/Mr. President" material for the soundtrack and the film to win Oscars and Grammy awards in 2012, btw no wack commercial rappers/auto-tune singers are allowed to appear on the album, few guest appearances as possible unless it's a Chuck D, Heavy D, Kool Moe Dee, or KRS caliber type of mc Boyz II Men, T-Boz, Toni Braxton, and Keith Sweat doing hooks, the real fans want to hear more from the GOATs of hip hop than anybody else....

Step 4: Release a video for every song on youtube and put it out as a bonus DVD when the CDs are released to stores

Step 5: Massive world tour, this is something us fans been waiting for, have each show in big sports arenas, they perform all their new hits and classics during a 2-hour set, then release the footage on DVD

Edited by bigted

it usually ain't my cup of tea either, personally i'd settle for a mixtape for credibility among the 'heads' but logically thinking with the way their music got slept on for the most part in the last decade they need to do something different, they need to take a more hands on approach here, they don't need Columbia/Interscope/Jive/Def Jam to promote it either they're big enough names where they could promote it themselves with their own budget together....

Think about it man, if they did music + movie it'd be epic and would reach a higher demographic of people who don't normally listen to rap, it'd touch people from 8-80 like i said, something of a bigger scale needs to be done at this point with the state of hip hop being the way it is with nobody putting out anything groundbreaking and innovative anymore, everybody knows that they're talented enough to do it so I don't have a problem, people don't buy music as much as they used to so something needs to be done to reach the audience, more people watch movies and go on youtube than buy albums in 2010 so they gotta deliver what the people want, they could use all their god-given talent on a project, a work of art that the world will appreciate, they deserve to put out an album that should go platinum in the first week sales and go diamond, not sell only 30,000 in the first week and go gold, once again I emphasise that something needs to be done, hip hop's at a "code red" state....

Edited by bigted

I would be happy about anything musicwise coming from Will. A LL/FP collabo would be awesome...on a couple of tracks, but not a whole album.

JJ+FP album which is grown men music and not the typical 15-25 age rap fanbase

Producers:
9th Wonder
Q-Tip
Kanye West

Artists/Groups:
The Roots
Mos Def
Norah Jones
Amy Winehouse
Nas/Common
LL Cool J/Rakim

a jjfp/ll cool j album would make more sense than most of the other collab albums coming out, they could make great songs about anything and pull them off with their versatility for one thing, it'd at least be on the level of the nas/damien marley album which is my favorite album this year, on the most part i like the guests that you mentioned, but there just one producer that i won't mention since i mentioned him enough should have no part here, i want somebody like the producer of thriller quincy jones to make music, this next album has to be big, if it was 5 years ago i could take will working with anybody but since he hasn't done anything since then i wanna see him go all the way in and only rock with the best, don't need no douche bag tantrums to ruin the albums.... i see ll cool j's doing his thing right now on ncis:la so i think it'd even be good if he made an appearance on bad boys 3 and they did the soundtrack for it, if it's in the hands of the legendary artists instead of the pop rappers like puffy then it'll become classic, these guys are the kings of entertainment, it's about time that the world recognises that, they gotta do something to reach for the sky, if this was sports they'd tore their knees and have to retire at 42 years old that they are now, jazzy's 45 but he's still the top dj, music has no age limit so their best days are not behind them either, bring back the '92 dream team of hip hop....

Edited by bigted

That's right "MIB 3" is the perfect JJFP+ LL combination waiting to happen, LL should do something in "MIB 3" like Biz Markie did in "MIB 2" and then they make the bangin' soundtrack and do performances together, now's the time to make it happen, maybe we should all post this idea on Jazzy's facebook.....

Its actually a good plan, we should try to encourage Jazzy Jeff to convince Will that this may be the bomb! I believe that Big Willie is going to make a song for this movie, since he has done the same for the last 2, so why not make it better and add live performances and good collabos to the soundtrack.

e8a453eec34686b9f7d6122e47024b9e

Edited by bigted

I remember some of us on this board said that when "Lost and Found" came out that they shoulda did a remix for "Swagga", I also say that "Dear Hip Hop" off of LL's "Exit 13" is his version of "Lost & Found" where it's about the state of hip hop:

• 8 months later...

cool concept, I think we need to see more "concept albums" like this from hip-hop. Especially from folks like LL and Will, they no longer have anything to prove commercially, per se', or even artistically (more or less).. They can afford to do some high-concept projects despite the "risk"..