JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

CHRISTMAS MUSIC

JumpinJack AJ

I realized I forgot to include the title in the post above. It's titled "This Christmas." The album did pretty good back in it's time. They remastered it and re-released it just a few years later. The rest of the songs on the album are traditional covers yet the fellas breathe new life into the songs with their harmonies.

98 DEGREES - O Holy Night

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this new song on J. Cole's mixtape called "Home For The Holidays":

Hmmmm...I like the production. But that dude is just way to common on the mic. I've always had a problem with explicit music. I think that's the whole thing is just foul.

One of the most random Christmas albums ever that I love is the Quad City All-Stars Christmas album. The idea of a Bass/Hip-Hop/R-N-B album from the people that brought us 95 South, Quad City DJ's, Dis N Dat, and 69 Boyz is just funny to me. But I love it.

QUAD CITY DJ's, 69 BOYZ + K-NOCK - What You Want For Christmas?
Quad-City All-Star Christmas (1996)

Here's a link to peep the album for those that care...
http://www.amazon.com/Quad-City-Christmas-Various-Artists/dp/B000002JBV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291391183&sr=1-1

That's a dope song AJ, Quad City brings the energy! I like that J. Cole song but your point about him cursing on it so much is definately the one thing that keeps it from being a classic song....

Edited by bigted

well if anybody like those mcs made the song like that i'd say the same thing, a lot of mcs ending up force cursing in their songs so much that it doesn't make sense, let's get it clear that even though i'm a fan of dmx doesn't mean that i approve of everything he says in his songs, btw you mentioned ice cube, i like the west
side connection song on the friday after next soundtrack:

Edited by bigted

I wanted to take it back to the spirit of Christmas (with real Christmas songs). In 1993 Be Be & Ce Ce Winans released a great album called First Christmas. If you like early 90's R-N-B, u'll like this.

The First Noel

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

I love that Monica song, I also love this Joe song on that Platinum Christmas album, "This Christmas":

Yeah, I like this too. I was gonna post that Joe released a Christmas EP thur' Target last year. However, when I looked for a link, he apparently probably released a full album this year that I didn't even know about. It has all 6 songs off the original EP plus 4 others. U can preview the songs in the link!!

JOE - Home Is The Essence of Christmas
1. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen 4:04
2. The Christmas Song 4:41
3. Christmas In New York 3:20
4. Christmas Time Is Here 3:40
5. Grown Up Christmas List 4:55
6. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 5:29
7. I'll Be Home For Christmas 2:53
8. It Ain't Christmas 4:23
9. Make Sure You're Home 4:32
10. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Instrumental)

http://www.amazon.com/Home-Essence-Christmas-Joe/dp/B0044XP2RA/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1291854602&sr=1-1

bigted2014 edit:

Edited by bigted

I didn't know that Joe released a Christmas album, I'm gonna give those songs a listen! I was watching a video of Christina Aguilera and Brian Mcknight performing "Have A Merry Xmas":
bigted 2014 edit:

Edited by bigted

I was just listening 2 this. I had no idea there was a video until just now. Anyone remember Willa Ford (from 2001) who had the song "I Wanna B Bad" with Royce The 5'9"?

WILLA FORD - Santa Baby (Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie)
TRL Christmas (2001)

bigted 2014 edit:

Edited by bigted