JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Vanilla Ice-Media Destruction versus reality

rawad_m

Now I was never really a fan of Vanilla Ice, tho I do like the groove of Ice Ice Baby because of the sample of Queen

But I just stumbled on some of his music as I was surfing for music on utube, as I usually do

Now I haven't analyzed his music to see if theres any lyrical significance, but I don't really care

The guy can flow and the guy can put in some hard edged material when he wants to

Check out this song for example

Man, this is funkier then any rap song I've heard in a long time

I've checked out a half dozen songs and they've all got me dancing

I bet if you played this at a party, everyone would be jumping, lets be real now

Now, I'm not saying that he's a rap God by any means, but he can craft a damm good song

So much from the media image that made him into a joke

Similar to Rick James, they made him into a druggie Womanizer freak, when his songs have a greater
musical tapestry then anyone I've seen. But thats what they wanna make him known for

End of rant Edited by rawad_m

I agree with what you said there, Vanilla Ice is not as wack as media and fans make him out to be, I ain't his fan either but I heard some of his stuff on the internet and some of it's actually good, and I read some of his interviews too and he shows more intelligence than a lot of rappers that are out right now, hell if people could accept rappers like Officer Rick Ross and the Lollipop Lil' Wayne then why do they write off Vanilla Ice, they're dillusional, the same ones that also hate on Fresh Prince and Hammer and think Eminem and Jay-Z are the rap gods.... I was reading the 2008 XXL year-end wrap-up and they said that LL's lyrics on "Exit 13" were below average and that Lil' Wayne's lyrics on "Carter 3" were XL, I wanna know what drugs they're on to say something that foolish, LL could spit 2 bars and it would destroy Lil' Wayne... As I said before whoever people
think is the worst rapper to have a hit record has to have some
kind of talent, it's like being the 12th man on the Knicks,
there's millions of arm chair quarterbacks but it's not like
they all could make the team, it takes some sort of talent,
people need to stop player hating...

Edited by bigted

I think his early stuff was wack. I hated him back in the day. But when I saw him on The Surreal Life and got to see him as a person and I liked him. He just seemed like a cool guy. I listened to a few of his songs but could never get into them much. However, before I did like him as a personality I got his 1st 2 albums as a joke. When I popped in the Mind Blowin' album there were actually 4 or 5 songs I liked...the production at least. This isn't one of them tho.'