JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Your favorite album and song

Guest josh_cabanlong

Guest josh_cabanlong

So I am a fresh fan of Will Smiths music. I always loved him as an actor, now I am discovering his music.
So my question is which album of his is your favorite? And which song in that album?
I don't have all his albums yet, so far I have:
Big Willie Style
Born to Reign
Greatest Hits
Homebase
Lost and Found
Willenium
I have more on order coming in the mail.

So far my favorite album is Lost and Found. Its very diverse and represents everything I already believe in. My favorite song in the album is Lost and Found. I love the message the song sends and the tone that he sings it in.

So, fellow fans, what are your favorites?

Hey welcome to the board Josh! You could see in my signature it says my favorite album is "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper", that's old school hip hop at it's finest, the title track is just sick with Jazzy cuttin' it up and Fresh Prince killin' it on the mic, "Brand New Funk" is the ultimate party jam, "Code Red", "Big Willie Style", and "Lost & Found" are also big favorites of mine and "Willenium" is really the last unofficial JJFP since it was executive produced by JJFP and that was the freshman year of high school for me which brings back memories

Welcome to the board. For me the best album has to be Big Willie Style. I love the fact every song on that album had the potential to be a single and the vibe that whole album brought was just amazing! My favourite song from that album has to be 'Yes Yes Y'all'. That track is pure smoothness right there. Cool beat, slick lyrics! You can't go wrong!

It must be amazing discovering new JJFP tracks for the first time!

Happy listening

Kool Moe Dee says "Big Willie Style" is his favorite for Will, that album got something for everyone on it, you can't go wrong with over 10 million sold, and btw 'Yes Yes Y'all' is my favorite off of there too just like Da Brakes, those lines I got in my signature are hip hop quotables

Edited by bigted

My favorite album from Will is definitely Big Willie style, followed close by Lost and Found. But you need to separate Will's solo albums from JJFP albums. My favorite song from Will is Just Cruisin'. I just cant seem to get tired of the smoothness on that song, and the great production in the original and on the remix. I simply love it.

Welcome to the board dude!

Welcome 2 the board!! I think it's been awhile since we've had one of these posts. It makes me miss my JJ+FP online voting booths from 10 years ago..lol. Here's my current order of the albums and the songs that I typically call my favs...

SoLo JoiNTS...
Willennium (Potnas, The Rain, Pump Me Up)
Lost + Found (Lost + Found, Tell Me Why, If U Can't Dance (Slide))
Big Willie Style (Just Crusin,' Candy, It's All Good or Don't Say Nothin')
Born To Reign (How Da Beat Goes, Block Party, Act Like You Know)

JJ+FP aLBuMS...
Code Red (Just Kickin' It, Somethin' Like This, Scream)
He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper (Here We Go Again, Brand New Funk, Nightmare On My Street)
Homebase (Summertime, Ring My Bell (Mr. Lee's Remix), This Boy Is Smooth)
And In This Corner... (Numero Uno, The Groove (Grover's Groove), Who Stole My Car)
Rock The House (Just One of Those Days, A Touch of Jazz, The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff)

Ask me this 5 months from now and it'll be different...lol.

Here's my list of favorites from the solo albums to the JJFP albums, clearly this a discography that shows how Fresh Prince is a hip hop legend, quite versatile tracks:
Solo Albums:
Big Willie Style("Yes, Yes Y'all", "Just Crusin'", "Just The Two Of Us", "Don't Say Nothin'")
Lost & Found("Tell Me Why", "Could You Love Me", "Lost & Found", "Party Starter")
Willenium("Potnas", "Uuuhh", "The Rain", "So Fresh")
Born To Reign ("Born To Reign", "Block Party, "Give Me Tonite, "As The Beat Goes")
JJFP Albums:

Code Red ("I'm Lookin' For The One"(To Be With Me), "I Wanna Rock", "Just Kickin' It", "Twinkle Twinkle"(I"m Not A Star)
He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper ("He's The DJ...", "Brand New Funk", "As We Go", "Here We Go Again")
Homebase ("Summertime", "Caught In The Middle"(Love & Life), "Ring My Bell"(both versions), "I'm All That")
Rock The House ("Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble", "Just Rockin'", "The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff", "Just One Of Those Days")
And In This Corner...("I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson", "The Reverand", "Numero Uno", "Who Stole My Car")

Edited by bigted

• Members

Thanks for all that responded. I recently got a couple more albums to my collection, now I almost have them all.
So you guys got a good feel of what I like, I'm going to post my favorites of each album I have.

Big Willie Style
- Candy
- Miami
- It's All Good

Born to Reign
- Born to Reign
- I Can't Stop
- 1000 Kisses
- Nod Ya Head

He's the DJ I'm The Rapper
- Hes the DJ Im the Rapper
- Brand New Funk (music video version better)
- Nightmare on My Street
- Parents Just Don't Understand

Homebase
- I'm All That
- Who Stole the DJ
- You Saw My Blinker

Lost And Found
- Here He Comes
- Party Starter
- Switch
- Lost And Found
- Tell Me Why
- SWAGGA

Rock The House
- Just One of Those Days
- Taking it To The Top
- Don't Even Try It

Willenium
- I'm Coming
- Freakin It
- Pump Me Up
- Can You Feel Me
- POTNAS
- No More
- Uuhhh

I don't have the album of it, but I love Boom Shake The Room.
I love other ones too, these ones just stick out to me and I can listen to over and over. I'm a 22 year old grown man listening to this ****. Love it!

Edited by josh_cabanlong

Good stuff man!